• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Loria told Reyes to buy nice house in Miami 2 days before...
  • To:All
  • 2/15/13
  • 4545_ajd
trading him. That is a pretty dirt bag move.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/15/13
  • JamesHetfi3ld

Loria is, bar none, the worst owner in all of sports.

How he's allowed to own a team after what he's done is despicable.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/15/13
  • MetObserver
Who has the power to pick and choose which owners can stay and which ones have to go? MLB has a history of owners that were terrible.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/15/13
  • thebobymon
I'm sure he still will when the other option is Canada...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/15/13
  • RobfromLI
I'm not doubting this but ... source?
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 2/15/13
  • METMAINEAC

Who effing cares?

Let it go folks..

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/15/13
  • marvelousmarvin
The man is a flat out liar.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/15/13
  • 4545_ajd
Jayson Stark (@jaysonst) tweeted at 8:33 AM on Fri, Feb 15, 2013:
Jose Reyes says 2 days before he got traded had dinner with Jeffrey Loria & Loria told him to get a nice house in Miami. 2 days later: gone
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/15/13
  • RobfromLI

Ha ha ...

I love this guy. Loria that is. He's my new favorite person in the world. A man who can fool an entire city - or did the state of Florida help? - into building him a new stadium and then pretend to spend millions upon millions of $'s on a good team, dump the team and then make millions of $'s for doing absolutely nothing is pure brilliance.

I really wish I could find a business where all I had to do was own the business and I'd make a huge profit just for putting a bad product on the market.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/15/13
  • Deadtrek
Don't forget , he started all this by owning/ruining the Expos
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/15/13
  • RobfromLI

Did he?

My history on these guys isn't that great.

I think I recall one of my co-workers saying something about that. He owned the Expos just before they collapsed and MLB had to take over?

Ha ... MLB gets what it deserves for letting him own again.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/15/13
  • viper99
Reyes is lucky that Loria didn't try to sell him his house before trading him.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/15/13
  • Deadtrek

Yeah , he was given/traded the Marlins , because when the expos moved to dc ( nationals ) they did not want him in charge of the DC market.

And yes they do

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/15/13
  • metsheart
A Tweet after going to another team from Jose "Mets never made me an offer" Reyes?

Yeah that's REAL reliable. Practically the Gospel.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/15/13
  • MetObserver
To bad you are wrong. Loria sold the Expos to MLB because they were planing on contracting them and he Bought the Marlins from Henry who went on to buy the Red Sox. When Loria sold the Expos there was no talk about moving to Washington.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/15/13
  • MetObserver
But his agent knew how high and how many years they would go. How did he find that out?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/15/13
  • Deadtrek

Alderson said the Mets never made an official offer to Reyes, who is coming off a deal that paid him $32.4 million over five years.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/12/05/alderson-mets-never-made-formal-offer-to-jose-reyes/

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/15/13
  • Deadtrek
And washington just appeared???
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/15/13
  • MetObserver

No after the league didn't contract the team it looked for a better venue to operate in where a new owner would be easier to come by. Than they moved. Having Loria not run the team was not a factor. Except maybe in your imagination.

And I know that a formal offer was not made to Reyes but his agent did know how much the Mets were willing to pay. I don't know if his agent checked back with Sandy before they signed but any good agent should have done that.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/15/13
  • fargol

"Alderson said the Mets never made an official offer to Reyes, who is coming off a deal that paid him $32.4 million over five years."

Correct, he said he never made an "official" offer.

• Reply to this Message