• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Newer stadiums are not as intimidating
  • To:All
  • 2/14/13
  • KB24NYM

The breaks in the sections and specifically the upper deck make for a much less intimidating feel.

Shea, old Yankee stadium, and other old stadiums were much more intimidating to the opposition because it was literally like a sea of people throughout the entire upper deck.

Also, the sections were steeper and the rows were much more on-top-of-each-other/cascading, making for much louder stadiums.

That is all.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/14/13
  • MetObserver
First you would have to fill those upper decks to be intimidating.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/14/13
  • KB24NYM

I've been to Citifield at full capacity and at its absolute loudest. I was at the first game when Wright hit the HR vs. the Padres to tie it and the place exploded...I doubt it was ever louder in the building than at that point, based on the way Mets baseball has gone in Citifield. It was definitely pretty loud.

But it was noticeably less loud than Shea at its loudest (I was there for Pratt's walkoff HR, Wright walkoff off Mariano, among others).

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/14/13
  • MetObserver
Most of the outfield in Shea was open so much of the sound would escape that way. Because Citi is more enclosed it should trap more of the sound because of the rebound. But I really have no way to gauge it I have to take your word for it. Can't send anyone out with a decibel monitor to test it since Shea is no longer.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/14/13
  • KB24NYM
there is also less of a sense of unity and lack of a "mob mentality" if you will, when the upper deck gets broken up. its harder to get everyone going and rowdy at citi and new yankee.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548353.6 was deleted
  • 2/15/13
  • bklynmetsfan
Not for nothing. give me the Citifield crowd anyday over the new Yankee Stadium crowd. We tend to draw more real die hards who actually make noise, as opposed to the "wine and cheese" casual fan in the Bronx. I guarantee there was more noise and passion at Citifield on that September day when RA won his 20th, than any Yankee playoff game at the new stadium.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/15/13
  • MetObserver
So you are right more noise in Shea than Citi. but they can't even draw 48,000 to Citi so we will never know the upper limit comparison.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548353.9 was deleted
  • 2/15/13
  • MetObserver
Another silly sixth grade name? Can't you just make your statement without that nonsense.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548353.11 was deleted
  • 2/15/13
  • MetObserver
Another ridiculously silly remark. Are you Mo, Curly or Larry?
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 548353.13 through 548353.17 were deleted
  • 2/16/13
  • MetObserver

I am not one of your relatives
-------------------

I know you aren't because all my relatives are intelligent. Even those still in the sixth grade thought that your name calling was silly.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • hammr1952
honestly it should have been around camden yards capacity.... 42 is kinda low.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548353.20 was deleted