Robert Carson
Elvin Ramirez
Jeremy Hefner
Aaron Laffey
Jenrry Mejia

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/13/13
  • golfbone

I'm sure Kershaw, Stassberg, Hamels and the rest are cowering in fear looking at that lineup.

Murderers row.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/13/13
  • JackNicholson

Honestly, we could have a top 10 infield if Wright and Ike put up numbers that they can and Murph and Tejada get on base like we've seen.

Outfield is bad. But if Duda can hit 25+ homers over the season and we get good platoon splits, it's not too bad.

For losing Dickey, we still have a very solid rotation. And that's not even counting Wheeler. Bullpen is full of prospects and older veterans. Should be interesting. I think they can pull off at least average.

All in all, with TDA and Wheeler coming up eventually, we could pull 82-80 and keep ourselves competitive for 2nd wild card till mid september.

I don't sound too crazy, right? ANYONE?!

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/13/13
  • deviljuice

I think Nieuwenhuis should bat higher in order to extend the lineup a bit. Something like:

1. Tejada
2. Nieuwenhuis
3. Davis
4. Wright
5. Murphy
6. Duda
7. Buck
8. Baxter
9. Pitcher

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/13/13
  • jsmet
They could turn out to be the Oakland A's of the National league. Lol
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/14/13
  • jsmet
If Kirk cuts down on his strikes he can be second.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/14/13
  • deviljuice
Also, I think that it will serve the Mets well to have Murphy hitting doubles in an RBI slot of the lineup.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/14/13
  • JackNicholson

PS: I hear Terry considering putting Baxter/Cowgill at lead off depending on pitcher.

I think Tejada is an ideal 2 hitter.

My lineup would be:

Baxter/Cowgill
Tejada
Wright
Ike
Duda
Kirk
Murph
Buck

Now, I have Murph that low because I think he'd be a great bat late in the order. No disrespect to him at all. Just a strategy.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/14/13
  • AdrianMonk

Things are looking up!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/14/13
  • jsmet

Things are looking up!

Yup.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/14/13
  • govmule72

"Honestly, we could have a top 10 infield if Wright and Ike put up numbers that they can and Murph and Tejada get on base like we've seen."

The infield will actually be quite good if all play to their potential.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/14/13
  • New_York_Mets_Fan
Mets could have been pretty good this year if the front office would have provided some out field help. Infield is good, starting rotation should be pretty good, bullpen (who know's, maybe good maybe bad, bullpens you just never know). Back to the outfield- I just don't see it being even average... Sandy has to get on the phone and stay on it until he can trade for an established/young Right Fielder with some power. Anything can happen though and maybe the Met's can surprise and play as a team and win more games than they lose and stay above .500. Wilpons and Sandy need to fix this mess though, A "New York" big market team should not be putting their fans through this mess for so many years. If they would just spend some money on top talent the stands would fill and excitement at mets games would return!!!

Edited 2/14/13   by  New_York_Mets_Fan
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/14/13
  • edmet
bat murphy 3rd wright 4th and ike 5th and i am ok with trying rest of your lineup. tejada should bat 2, but who would leadoff? baxter or niewenhuiss?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/14/13
  • Gepett0
to be fair, tda will be the starting catcher by like may
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/14/13
  • SuperShredder
Yeah, if the FO would have signed Bourn and Swisher, this team would be competing for a wild card spot.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 2/14/13
  • Gepett0

i also think the lineup will change alot...there will be certain constants

wright will always bat 3rd
ike will always bat 4th

tejada will bat 1st, 2nd and 8th depending on the rest of the lineup and will start 150+ games if healthy

murphy will bat 5th 6th and 2nd depending on the lineup and will be the starter so long as flores doesnt hit his way into the lineup at 2b

on days that buck catches he will basically bat someplace b/t 6-8 ; he will be the starter until may when hes replaced by tda...he'll then be the back up catcher

once tda comes into the league as the starter, he will bat mostly 6th though he can hit his way into the 5 hole if he does well enough...id prefer him in the 5 hole to get him some protection in the 6 hole

the OF is complicated bc you are talking about 3 spots each day for a crew of up to 7 guys throughout the season easily ...i mean look at the OF options we have on our 40 man going into ST:

Baxter
Cowgill
Puello (not making the team)
Duda
Lagares (not making the team most likely but could possibly see time in CF if the of goes to sh*t)
Kirk
Valdespin

then you also have Den Dekker, Brown, Hoffmann & Byrd going to camp w/ a possibility of making the team, while Satin, Bixler, & Lutz (only one on the 40 man) are all being given looks in the of in camp

this isnt even counting turner who is probably a lock to make the team as a utility man, who is now just going to get a chance to get additional playing time in the OF

however, if you were to ask my what my guess would be for the lineup we see MOST OFTEN during the season:

tejada
murphy
wright
ike
tda
duda
baxter
kirk

but i doubt we see that exact combination in even 50 games this year bc the lineup will be a total piece work depending on who isin the lineup that day

Edited 2/16/13   by  Gepett0
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/14/13
  • golfbone

I'll have one of what he's drinking.

Or is it happy pills?

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/14/13
  • bkvega
what a lineup no power no speed no cleanup hitter. If our pitching doesnt come thrue it will be the worst season this team has ever had except for 62. Unbelievable! what a time to be a Mets fan
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/14/13
  • burningmyeyes
Thanks for depressing me! It looks even WORSE on paper! lol
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548335.20 was deleted