• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• How many games is Matt Harvey going to win this year?
  • To:All
  • 2/12/13
  • KidCarter8
Harvey looked like the goods last year, watching him develop is one of the few things to look forward too this year. I say he wins 14.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • bmcneely
They had a thread like this already I also said 14 i actually said 14-11
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • The5Wright5Way

0 he will have a 3-0 lead in every game he pitches but Frank Frank will blow every save of the season to make the team go 0-162 with a record 162 blown saves.

Matt Harvey will be 0-0 with a 0.00 ERA 200+ innings 300+ strikeouts

Nahh just playing

My guess is 14-8 with a 3.35 ERA 200 Innings 200 Strikeouts

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • KidCarter8
If Wheeler is better the this guy, we are set in the rotation for at least the next five years. I was never a big Niese fan, but if he is your number three or four starter then we are in good shape.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • JackNicholson
Pffff, a MILLION!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/13/13
  • thagreat1
16 wins book it
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/13/13
  • AdrianMonk

Why must everyone be so obsessed with winning and losing. Let's just hope they all have a good time.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548304.8 was deleted
  • 2/13/13
  • Moses0507

Assume a tough stretch, some wonderful starts, and a pretty good rest of the year.

14-9, 3.80

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/13/13
  • bbjmparis

14 wins seem a little optimistic. He pitched very well in his 10 starts in 2012, probably better than he will over a full season, and was only 3-5. The supporting cast wasn't there. Mediocre offense, bad defense, putrid bull pen. All that hurts a starting pitcher, and none of it has been fixed. If anything, it got worse. Hairston our most productive outfielder is gone. Francisco apparently won't have a bounceback year, Duda is still in the OF, and Murphy at 2b. No supporting cast, no 14 wins. Even if he pitches well, he'd have to pitch great. That's asking a lot for a first full year. Still, I am encouraged by what he showed last season.

I say 12-10 with a ERA around 3.75

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/13/13
  • Tangs
If he wins 10 games we should be happy. The offense is putrid. Isn't he going to be innings restricted at 160 - 180?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/13/13
  • 4545_ajd

" The offense is putrid. Isn't he going to be innings restricted at 160 - 180?"

No, He pitched 170 last year.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/13/13
  • kingrw

harvey is essentially a rookie.

over a full season he is going to take his lumps and turn in some stellar efforts.

the one area of his performance in 2012 that will hold him back in WIN category is pitch count/innings...

if he's coming out of games in 6th inning he will have trouble racking up wins because bullpen will not support him.

he'll be lucky to get to 10...

let's just hope he gets close to 200 innings with 30 starts and good health.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/13/13
  • portwa
14 wins
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/13/13
  • Kranesback
12-15 but mostly becuase of our pathetic offense
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/13/13
  • metsfanforlife

Don't forget that Harvey is a masher also, and that run support in his games will be better because he'll be able to help himself!!

LETS GO METS!!!

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/13/13
  • 86mex17
On this team 11 or 12. , on a good team 14-16.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/13/13
  • thagreat1

"

Isay 12-10 with a ERA around 3.75"

I'm surprised you even predicted over 7 games won. You know, seeing how your anti Mets.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/13/13
  • Gepett0

dickey had no supporting cast and won 20

niese had no supporting cast and won 13

so please explain to me again how it is impossible for a pitcher to win 14 games w/ no supporting cast?

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/13/13
  • Gepett0

why is he coming out in the 6th inning?

he threw 170 innings last year....that means hes allowed to cross the 200 inning limit this year....meaning no restrictions on limits in games....even last season, of the 10 games he started at the end of the year (when they WERE restricting his innings) he went into the 7th in 3 of them and finished the 7th in 2 of those 3

• Reply to this Message