• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Motivation for our OF
Message 548299.1 was deleted
  • 2/12/13
  • metthunder
as Keef H says, it's all about the rib eye steaks, RBIs. They have to increase but have to get guys on base.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • bmcneely
If being a MLB player isn't enough motivation then I don't want those players on my team.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548299.4 was deleted
  • 2/12/13
  • JackNicholson
The RBI stat is overrated. I'd rather the outfield be better at OBP.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • JackNicholson
I don't think half of the outfield needs motivation. About 6 of the guys need to compete or they're cut out of spring training. And Sandy gathered a nice batch of talented yet opportunity deprived gentlemen. I really expect Brown, Cowgill and Kirk to rip in spring training.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/13/13
  • JoseJose
Sigh. I don't even know what to say. Our scrub OF is motivated. OK. Wow.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/13/13
  • RobfromLI

What is this motivation nonsense?

Either you're good enough to play or you're not.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/13/13
  • danthemetfan
While I understand your point, and if enough players have a high OBP the RBIs will come... you still need to knock them in. If every player on the team gets a hit or walks to load the bases, but no player gets a hit to knock them in, you will have a team of very high OBP players and 0 RBIs. The point of the game is to score runs, not get on base. To score runs, you need to get on base, so that is pretty darn important too. The Mets did a great job of getting on base last year, but they left them stranded quite often. In the end, RBIs while dependent on others, is still a huge stat the Mets need to improve upon.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/13/13
  • bbjmparis
A major league baseball salary should motivate any of these guys. Even the minimum salary. I don't think the problem is motivation. The problem is lack of talent, weaknesses, and flawed skills. Put any of these guys out there too often and they get exposed. That's why having a collection of 4th outfielders isn't a good idea.
  • Reply to this Message