• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Frank Francisco...
  • To:All
  • 2/12/13
  • cholula

...is out indefinitely with elbow inflammation. Not surprised...this is the Mets.

Are K-Rod or Valverde still unsigned?

As for Bourn, would you sign with the Mets who have no chance of doing anything for the next 3 years, or with the Indians who have a legitimate shot at the post-season?

The only upside on all of this is that we'll be able to get tickets on Stubhub for next to nothing...cheap(er) day at the ballpark! Citi is going to be a ghost town.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • MetObserver
Cleveland finished in 4th place just like the Mets so where is the difference. They finished behind KC and would have to compete with the White Sox and Tigers to get anywhere.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • Kranesback
Except for Detroit that division is pretty wide open. Only 4th place is open to the Mets.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • MetObserver
After Detroit do you think the second place team makes the playoffs? I don't. So that is the same thing, No playoffs, so where is the payoff.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • cholula
The Indians improved greatly on the offseason starting with Terry Francona. They also signed Matt Capps, Ben Francisco, Nick Swisher, Mark Reynolds, and Mike Aviles. They moved to better their team, unlike the Mets, who have made their team worse.

Edited 2/12/13   by  cholula
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • MetObserver
And lost Choo. Still Bourn is not going to make that big a difference with them either.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • Kranesback
Detroit is one team. They could have injuries, have a horrendous start. In the NL East, you have to hope for terrible years from 3 teams and possibly even Miami...and if Cleveland has ashot, they might actually do something at the deadline.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • danthemetfan
The Mets are not a worse team than last year. What they lost in Dickey is more than made up for by the subtractions of Bay and most of the BP. The team didnt get better by leaps and bounds, but they should be better.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • Kranesback
At best we're about the same, but the other teams in the division are all better
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • danthemetfan
Detroit had a horrendous start last year. Most likely it does not happen again. The White Sox are also not a bad team, and KC should be a lot better this year too. Most likely only one team is advancing in that division, but it should be a close race behind Detroit. Cleveland may not finish 4th again, but I doubt they get 2nd or even come close to first.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • MetObserver

That is yet to be decided. Philly didn't get anyone of any great value to improve. And Atlanta has to replace Prado, a very underrated player, and Chipper, not only with the bat but also leadership.

Did the Upton brothers and Johnson do that for them?

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • Kranesback
Look at our outfield, look at our bullpen, and even our rotation and get real.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • MetObserver

I was commenting about how improved or not the phils and braves are.

Our team is still a ? mark and everyone knows it. But we are still almost a cinch to get to fourth place. LOL.

Our infield is better if you include the catching position since that gave us almost nothing last year. Even if TDA never comes up this year Buck can do better than our players in that position last year.

Ike may be much better or at least start off quicker than last year. The rotation is at least the same if Johan is okay. Harvey continues to be good and this time all year. Gee comes back from his minor surgery, which I think is a no-brainer. Niese doesn't fall on his face and Marcum is his regular steady self.

The outfield had to improve on Duda, Bay, Kirk, Torres and Hairston. I don't really think that is hard to do even with the players we have available.

Again this is to be the same or better than last year. Hopefully more will go right than go wrong but In my opinion I think we have a chance at third in our division.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • brianinwi
Worse present, better future.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • cholula
Wilpons have to sell in order to have a better future. Until then, we're gonna stink.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548293.16 was deleted
  • 2/12/13
  • bkvega
Francisco is another Benitez . I hope he never pitches again
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • Kranesback
I pretty much agree,but I think I'm a little more glass is half empty than half full. We could finish third or we could finish fifth.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • bkvega
Please the Indians dont stand a chance against Detroit. Who do the Indians have Francona,Swisher,Capps,Bourn, Reynolds. Thats no match against Verlander,Fielder,Cabrera,Martinez
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • ohhthepain

Francisco issue is chronic, it is not an inflammation problem but rather a degenerative problem. If it was inflammation you take some NSAIDS and get back after it.

Only the Mets can miss out on the guy they were targeting and lose their closer all in one day.

Parnell is named the closer yet has done nothing to earn that job. The Mets once again think they can promote guys into positions that will hopefully make them elevate their level of performance. There is that word hope again. In most cases the opposite happens. Next thing you know the Mets get off to an awful start, are in an early hole and the Sandy bullpen shuffle begins and it just becomes a complete mess.

Borus used the Mets to get Bourn more money. Nothing more. If SA thinks anybody is going to come here for less than top dollar he is dreaming. At some point SA needs to bring in some talent. Because this has gotten ridiculous..

• Reply to this Message