• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• NEWIE HAD PLANTAR FASCIITIS
  • To:All
  • 2/12/13
  • saztastic2012

It seems he had plantar fasciitis most of last season and it got worse in July and Aug.

Kirk was 24 at the start of last year and for a while was leading all rookies,

Pre ASB 254 Abs, 254 ABS, 39 runs, 25 RBI, 4 SB, 7 HRS 25 Doubles, Gotta wonder if his downfall was that plantar thing.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • metthunder
like Kirk a lot, want to see him when healthy
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 2/12/13
  • BigTon
Plantar fah-what?
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548288.4 was deleted
  • 2/12/13
  • AdrianMonk

That's the thing on the sole of the foot.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • BigTon
I'm sorry.I thought maybe Newie got lucky with a foreign super model.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • metthunder
wasn't this what Dickey had too
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 548288.8 through 548288.9 were deleted
  • 2/12/13
  • BigTon
LOL!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • AdrianMonk

He better grow his hair back. That clean cut look didn't suit him.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • FridaGates

"Plantar fah-what?"

Plantar fasciitis (PF) is a painful inflammatory process of the plantar fascia, the connective tissue on the sole (bottom surface) of the foot. It is often caused by overuse of the plantar fascia or arch tendon of the foot. It is a very common condition and can be difficult to treat if not looked after properly. Another common term for the affliction is "policeman's heel".

a few ballplayers- including clayton kershaw last season -have suffered with this condition. it's supposedly very painful but treatment can be successful if the patient is diligent.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • danthemetfan
Actually once you have it, it never goes away. It just becomes pain management. You can get orthotics, or do stretches, or take antiinflamatories, but the PF will always be messed up.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • Kranesback
It's a minor foot injury. Apparently symptoms include not being able to catch a ball.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • danthemetfan
He can catch... he cant hit.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • MetObserver
No catching is not the problem but running to get to it is. And swing at a ball would also be a problem. I know I had it once and it bothered be for two years but that was 15-17 years ago. And hasn't affected me since.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • nutz4pugs

That can be an exceedingly painful condition. Take it from someone who knows.

I had a heel bone spur that caused plantar faciitis and it was all I could do to walk to the bathroom in the morning. I didn't get any real refief until I bought these special slippers (Yes, slippers!!) that have a unique arch in them. Now, it's like I never had it.

Easily the second worst pain I ever had. Kidney stone being the worst.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • nutz4pugs
It isn't minor. Laugh now, but see how you like it when you're hobbling around just trying to get to the bathroom.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • MetObserver
I hear you about those kidney stones. I have passed three of those <suckers. While in the hospital another patient on the floor, a woman, said that she had a child and a kidney stone and she would much rather have another child than another kidney stone.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • nym698641
He didn't have an inflammation he had a total tear, like Pau Gasol had last week. Surgery was needed and that keeps you out 6 to 8 weeks. Kirk never got healthy in time to play last September.
  • Reply to this Message