• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Wilpon's master plan
  • To:All
  • 2/12/13
  • tonymets1

Is to get enough of us to buy their bull* plan...lots of prospects coming up, just wait until 2014...(and then next year it'll be 2015) when the newbies start to bear fruit, etc...

They know alot of us won't believe them, but it doesn;t matter. They just need to get 25,000 butts in seats to break even. Then SNY gives them a nice little kick, allowing for a small profit for the Wilpon funeral fund.

Why give Bourn $12M a year when they can hold onto it? Bourn wouldn't make them competitive in the division anyway this year, so why spend it just to make the tam a little more entertaining this year when they can put the $12M in their pocket.

Anyone who pays to watch this team this year is an easy mark...and a fool.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • danthemetfan
so dont watch. Your choice... those who want to go watch, its their choice too.
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 548285.3 through 548285.4 were deleted
  • 2/12/13
  • Deadtrek

I think the master plan has him giving the team to his son in 10 years or so. By that time debt will be paid and they can start anew.

Cant wait for the speech - Its been a hard 15 losing years but now we ware ready to compete once again. bla bla bla ....

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • MetObserver
How is SNY going to give them some money? They have borrowed against those future profits for a few years already and put that money into the stadium and team already.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • 4545_ajd

"Why give Bourn $12M a year when they can hold onto it?"

Mets made an official offer to Bourn for 4 years 12M a year, if Boras said yes it's binding. So I don't see where not wanting to give him 12M plays into it when they were obviously willing to give him 12M a year.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • MetObserver
I think the master plan has him giving the team to his son in 10 years or so. By that time debt will be paid and they can start anew.
---------------------------------------------------------------
How does that debt get paid off in your dream? Unless in a much shorter time, I would assume 2-3 year, the team is more successful it will not make any money.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • drjoe807
You are 100% correct...Their are so many people on this board that will continue to give to the WILPONZIS....please stop enabling these greedy !@#$%^&*
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • Deadtrek
Payroll will drop every year..... I bet 95% of the teams make money , we happen to be in the 5%.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • burningmyeyes
Tony,
I feel your frustration at the disigenious direction our front office and ownership has taken this team. I, last season gave up my 4 tFull Season tickets that I have owned for 20 years. Why? Because I refuse to provide ownership my hard working money. Not because we need to rebuild, but because the lack of honesty and integrity that both Sandy and ownership have exibited. Filling fans with smoking mirrors, halfcocked stories, and claims to build payroll and talent level. It was all and will continue to be a farse. The most disburbing part is that neither Jeff or Fred will have the Decency to talk direct to the fan base. Really demonstrates a lack of touch with the organizations fans. Do I oppose others spending money at Citi Field? No, because it is there choice where to spend their recreational budget. To be honest, I will STILL watch every inning or every game on TV. Why, because I was born a Met fan and will die one! It doesnt mean I cant be angry with the direction. Loyalty works both ways and right now neither the Wilpons or Sandy are showing any for the fans!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • danthemetfan
So if you are a baseball fan and a met fan do you root for the players or the owner? If you like seeing baseball should you basically hurt yourself by not going to games? I don't live in NY, so I am not going to any games. If I did, I'd absolutely would go, because I love baseball and the Mets. If you did too, you would still go regardless who is the owner.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • tonymets1

Thanks, good post!..I've been a fan since 1965, and while I totally understand the nature of the ups and downs most MLB teams go through over time, having to reload every so often and bring in new pieces I really loathe the way the Wilpons have lied to us at every turn.

I get they can;t always share or be truthful about 100% of what's going on, but they've gone out of their way to look us in the eye and smile while they shamelessly shoved more lies down our throats.

Organizations which reap profits through exploitation of people's emotions or weaknesses have been around for awhile...RJ Reynolds, Phillip Morris, the Roman Catholic church...we can add the NY Mets to the list.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • MetObserver
I have to travel for about 5 hours to see a game in person and I usually can only do this with friends or family a few times per year. Would I give these trips up because of the owners? No. If our money is the only thing that is keeping them above water so be it but I don't think it makes a difference. I too watch every game on TV but love the trips to see them in person.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • danthemetfan
I go two or three times a year to see them play the Nats, or the Orioles when they have played in Baltimore. I have not seen a game in NY in 5 or 6 years. I would like to go to Citi sooner or later, so maybe this is the year.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • Deadtrek
Plenty of seats available Dan!!!!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • danthemetfan
Its getting up to NY thats the problem for me. My wife and I had a trip planned last August to go, but her grandmother passed away the same weekend. I hope to go up this year.. we'll see.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • joemets22

I don't blame anyone for not going to the games if the team stinks and ownership is making zero effort to improve. And I don't blame anyone for not wanting to waste summer evening hours watching baseball if the team isn't any good.

I go to a couple games every year to take my nephew and niece and another couple with friends, but there's no doubt I'd be going to more if the team was good. I'd also catch a lot more games on TV instead of just checking the boxscores after.

If people want to waste their valuable time, especially in the summer, watching a garbage team then be my guest. I consider myself a loyal enough fan, I don't root for any other team and I still follow what they're doing. But there's no chance I'm going to spend the same kind of time to watch or go to games if the team is bad. Why should anyone?

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • danthemetfan
Because they love the game and the team, and going to the ball park is about going to the ball park. It is an experience that you cant get watching at home. Sometimes its just nice to be there watching a game.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548285.20 was deleted