• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Why not sign Scotty Pods and be done with it?
  • To:All
  • 2/12/13
  • mysticpiazza
I don't know what he's got left in the tank, honestly, but he's been relegated to 4th outfielder the past couple of years. Nevertheless, he did steal 30 bases as recently as 2 years ago in only 390ABs, he's a career .281 hitter but has hit over .290+ on several occasions, good OBP, and hits both lefties and righties fairly well (.282 vs righties, .275 vs lefties). Good all round top of the order career numbers. And CHEAP. Probably wouldn't cost more than $1mil. Not a long term solution at 36, obviously, but if you're lamenting the loss of Bourn, Pods might be an option.

Edited 2/12/13   by  mysticpiazza
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • AdrianMonk

I think we'd get around .260 out of him at this stage. To me, that seems like a reasonable expectation for the guys we have already.

I could be wrong, but getting him just seems like window dressing to me.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • mysticpiazza
Unless Cowgill impresses, who do we have that can lead off and steal a base?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • thebobymon
Our #2 hitter.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • metsheart
Podsenik's about to turn 37 years old on March 18th. No longer an every day player. Definitely NOT part of Mets future. Would be a waste of time IMO.

Might as well find out what Mets have in young players. Let them platoon & see if they good production.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • AdrianMonk

I'd like them to go with den Dekker.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • MetObserver
That would be my choice too with Cowgill as a part-time platoon for him and Baxter too. DD seems to be able to make adjustments at every level he has been on in the minors. If he can do that in the Majors too it would be great. We have to give him a try.
  • Reply to this Message