• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Can't this front office do anything?
  • To:All
  • 2/12/13
  • metsfan541
This front office can't get anything done. They couldn't even get Bourne for a very reasonable contract. This outfield that we have is terrible and a joke. I would understand it if we have top OF prospects coming up this year or next but we don't. The utter incompetetence of this entire front office is truly amazing.

Edited 2/12/13   by  metsfan541
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548261.2 was deleted
  • 2/12/13
  • metsfan541

Bourne is only 30 and still has prime years ahead of him. Recent studies have shown that the speed guys are aging better into their mid 30s than many of the power players. Besides, Bourne also brings gold glove type defense to the table, something we desperately need in CF. We have all seen how an energetic presence at the top of the lineup can make things happen. The Mets don't have that right now. Tejada is not a player who should be leading off. I don't think there is a worse OF right now in the majors, that's how bad our OF is. I think the Mets are using the #11 pick as an excuse for not signing him because they would know how baseball would rule.

Oh and if Bourne isn't the right answer, that's fine ...but this front office didn't get us ANY major league outfielders the entire winter. That is inexcusable. It is Sandy Alderson's job to find the team players and he didn't get it done. If fans are upset, that is their right and we have the right to hold people accountable.

• Reply to this Message
Message 548261.4 was deleted
  • 2/12/13
  • mobeen
I don't think Bourn was the answer either, because that would still not cover up for the other holes. There is more likelihood of Duda and Niewy declining more than sorting out their problems and becoming better. There are huge holes in Duda's and Niewy's arsenal to think they will be better.
  • Reply to this Message