• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• COMPARING WILMER FLORES & MIGUEL CABRERA
Message 548213.1 was deleted
  • 2/10/13
  • thagreat1
I said it before I'll say it again..idc if Flores is slower than duda throw him in the outfield and let his bat make up for his glove

Edited 2/10/13   by  thagreat1
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548213.3 was deleted
  • 2/10/13
  • sheadro
I really don't understand prospect evaluations. It seems like industry consensus are based on trendy opinions and the flavors of the month. For years I feel like I've heard that he just needs to develop the power and hed have all the plus hitting tools. He does just that last year, and yet he seems to be less highly regarded now then when he was a scout darling based almost entirely on projectables. The funny thing is though, I really believe if we had a spot for him at first third he would be a higher graded prospect because he would generate more buzz

Edited 2/10/13   by  sheadro
Edited 2/10/13   by  sheadro
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548213.5 was deleted
  • 2/11/13
  • MetObserver
You can say that he never hit over 10 hrs in the minors and it would be factual but misleading. His last year in the minors was at AA and he only hit 10 but that was in less than 1/2 a year. He was brought up that year and had 12 with the Marlins so he hit 22 hrs that year. And if he stayed at AA I would assume he would have hit that many or more.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/11/13
  • skorpio520
let wilmer learn to play a position within our organization before we compare him to cabrera.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/11/13
  • kaztast1c
He did no such thing. He simply stated that people were judging Buccera on a redicuously small sample size and threw out the numbers of Mays' first 21 at bats and asked you judge him based on that small sample size. No direct comparison was made. You just didn't understand the point.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/11/13
  • thagreat1
Lol I think he was joking
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/11/13
  • AdrianMonk

We may be projecting too much from a relatively short stint in Double A, He was red hot right after the promotion, but was tailing off towards the end. What would we think of him if he starts off hitting .200 at Triple A?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/11/13
  • thagreat1
By June if he's scorching And our guys in the outfield are useless he needs to get a shot
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/11/13
  • Gepett0

i highly doubt that he will

even in his worst seasons, he demonstrated elite-level contact ability and never hit under the 260's even when he was overmatched

if anything, if he is going to struggle, it will be that we don't see the high obp or power numbers...

and we arent just basing it on his AA numbers...he was crushing A+ before a slight slump at the end pulled his ave down to around 290...plus, dont forget that, while many of the prospect gurus gave up on him after 2011 (and if you fall off a top prospect list, you can never get back on so disregard anything those guys say at this point bc they refuse to get "burned" again by raving about him only to have him struggle again....its kind of ridiculous), scouts raved about his bat and said that, if he ever grew into his body and developed some power, he'd be an elite hitting prospect

then surprise surprise, he does just that....where are the scouts? no where to be found bc of "defensive ?'s" that have been there since he was signed...didnt stop them from rating him top 50 pre-09....prospect guru's are kind of a joke in this sense...

• Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
This just keeps getting better. lol
Latest by METCITILES - 12:00 PM
satisfied Mets fan
Latest by roywriter - 11:58 AM
Are we ahead of the curve?
Latest by metrebel - 11:58 AM
EYoung: One Incredible trend and one projection
Latest by stearnsy12 - 11:57 AM
fernando rodney
Latest by murphstates - 11:55 AM
Hitting better? Why?
Latest by sb51 - 11:55 AM
Favorite Easter Basket Candy
Latest by AdrianMonk - 11:54 AM
This Day In Sports History
Latest by hlandrith - 11:48 AM
We have a big-time Closer problem going forward (IMO)...
Latest by roywriter - 11:40 AM
Factoids Redux
Latest by thagreat1 - 11:33 AM