• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Cubs Designate Tony Campana For Assignment
  • To:All
  • 2/10/13
  • robrock30

Quick go wake up Sandy. This guy is perfect for Mets.

The Cubs have designated outfielder Tony Campana for assignment to make room on the 40-man roster for Scott Hairston, whose two-year contract was made official, tweets Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune.

Campana's main asset is his speed as he led the Cubs last year 30 stolen bases, the ninth best total in the National League. The 26-year-old finished 2012 with a slash line of .264/.308/.299 in 192 plate appearances.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/10/13
  • 4545_ajd
54 Stolen bases with just 317 major league At bats is pretty impressive.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/10/13
  • robrock30

He plays CF. He can leadoff. All he needs to be able to do is to bunt. He is 26yo & dirt cheap.

Better grab him before another savvy GM does. I expect Tampa to be on him really quick.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/10/13
  • 4545_ajd
At this point why not throw him into the mix, it would be better if he was righty but beggars can't be choosers.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/10/13
  • DFAB
he'd be good as a 4th OF...but we have a ton of those already. Wouldn't hurt to get him though...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/10/13
  • robrock30
No time to dickey around. Even though Sandy has been preoccupied with Boras, Bourn & the draft rules, just grab him fast. Take time out from other needs, get this done.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/10/13
  • marvelousmarvin
How is his glove? His hitting and stealing stats look like Bourne's. His OBP is a bit low, though. he has to get on base to steal.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/10/13
  • robrock30
All someone has to do is teach him to bunt. He is faster than Bourn. Look at his minor league SB's
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 2/10/13
  • robrock30
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/10/13
  • robrock30
He is younger & cheaper than Bourn. Go get him & tell Boras to go fly a kite.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/10/13
  • TheGMan47
He looks like a poor man's Bourn. I hope Sandy picks him up, I mean why not?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/10/13
  • robrock30
Who is poorer than the Mets right now? Get him before the other poor folk jump on him.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/10/13
  • MetObserver
He is more of a slap hitter than Castillo was. 1 home run in the PCL is criminal even the bat boys hit better than that in that league.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/10/13
  • MetObserver
If they think that highly of their outfielders than maybe they aren't in on Bourn. Or they will have to release an even better prospect if they sign Bourn. But if we pick one up we will have to cut someone from our 40 man roster. But I guess if we DFAed Havens no one would pick him up and he could still be kept.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/10/13
  • nvmets10
Unless we're confident Bourn is going to sign, this is a no-brainer add.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/10/13
  • 86kid

>>>"He is younger & cheaper than Bourn. Go get him & tell Boras to go fly a kite."<<<

Not a bad pick up I guess. If he can play a good CF, steal bases, and hot for at least a so rebate respectable average, then he'll be useful. I'd sooner do something like that, then overpay in dollars and years for Bourn. Don't know you'd move off the roster though.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/10/13
  • gomets66
have to find out what cubs would want in trade for him.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/10/13
  • ewok54
Would be a good pick up but that OBP is way too low for a leadoff batter.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548208.20 was deleted