New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Santana will get his retribution
  • To:All
  • 2/8/13
  • johnyringo

It's been a long hard road back.

This year he brings it back full circle and becomes a leader again, maybe even the ace, maybe not, either way he's gonna rock.

• Reply to this Message
Message 548183.2 was deleted
  • 2/8/13
  • edmet
he never stopped being a leader imo. he deserves a break so i hope he is healthy. he deserves some runs and bp support too. 180 quality innings would be nice.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/8/13
  • AdrianMonk

I wonder if we'll get a draft choice for him when he leaves.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/8/13
  • johnyringo
He left, he had to.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/8/13
  • JoseJose
Johan the Warrior - only question - is it the end of the line? Did he get hurt or did age/injuries catch up with him? Did getting stepped on hurt him and he is better now, or was getting stepped a contribuing factor only to the real problem - Father Time? We will see. I expect him to be better that that last month but nowhere near the Santana of old, and to break down again this year. I hope I am wrong.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/8/13
  • marvelousmarvin
He'll be good. For all intents and purposes, he's in his walk year. Hope Alderson can move him at the ASB for some more minor league talent.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548183.8 was deleted
  • 2/8/13
  • ewok54
If he pitches like he did last year for the first three months, he could be the missing piece for a team that is one pitcher short of postseason aspirations. Maybe, Santana would wave the option to get to a contender. If they do a deal, they could probably get a solid prospect and relief of his $8MM salary and the $5MM buyout. Santana's success could prove very important to the Mets future.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/8/13
  • nym698641
No we won't because the Mets give hi a qualifying offer. Hopefully he will pitch so well early in the year they can trade him before the deadline and get something for him.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/8/13
  • Oldfan

Like Pedro, many love the guy.

IMO, a huge bust and the epitome of what wrong the last few years.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/8/13
  • marvelousmarvin
Johan is making around $30M in 2013.......there's alot of salary to eat.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/8/13
  • DFAB
I'm sure he will have solid numbers by the deadline. I just hope the wilpons allow SA to get the BEST possible return by eating Santana's entire salary instead of just dumping salary.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548183.14 was deleted
  • 2/8/13
  • 86kid

>>>"It's been a long hard road back. This year he brings it back full circle and becomes a leader again, maybe even the ace, maybe not, either way he's gonna rock."<<<

I love Johan, I think as long as he's healthy, he'll perform well. That said, I hope so, because the better he pitches, the better our chances are of getting a major prospect back for him in July.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/8/13
  • 86kid

>>>"Johan is making around $30M in 2013.......there's alot of salary to eat."<<<

By the time July hits, more than half of that will already have been paid anyway, so all the Mets will have to do eat a chunk of about 2.5 months of salary. I doubt Wilpon would balk at letting Sandy eat a lot of that money in order to deal for the best possible prospect.

They did with Beltran. Plus they also eat Castillo and Perez's contracts. Plus they are still paying Bay even though he's not earning it.

I'm confident Sandy will have his leave do eat a nice chunk of Johan's money when the time comes. Heck, if it means maybe landing another Wheeler or TDA level talent, why not eat it?

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 2/8/13
  • DFAB

Prediction:

Justin Verlander will miss some time this season and the Tigers will trade Nick Castellanos for Santana out of desperation.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/8/13
  • 86kid

>>>"Prediction: Justin Verlander will miss some time this season and the Tigers will trade Nick Castellanos for Santana out of desperation."<<<

Mmmm. nice !

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/8/13
  • thagreat1
my only hope is that he performs tremendously in the first half so we can deal him for a very very good piece that can help us for the next half dozen years. As soon as he's gone I hope Wheeler fills the void like he never left.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/8/13
  • 86kid
Exactly. It would be a nice transition
  • Reply to this Message