• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• I think Ike will have a big year
Message 548181.1 was deleted
  • 2/8/13
  • 86kid
I have a real good feeing about Ike. I remember that amazing start he got off to in 2011 before he and Wright ran into each other. He looked to be on way to a breakout season. I am hopeful that will be the case again this year. I don't think .280/35-40/100-105 would be unrealistic goal for him this year.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/8/13
  • metsheart
"I don't think .280/35-40/100-105 would be unrealistic goal for him this year."

Me either.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/8/13
  • 86kid
Add to that his defense - which is tons better than he showed last year.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/8/13
  • lllfxlll
i think he'll hit less HR's, with a high avg and more rbis.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/8/13
  • metsheart
Yes Ike's defense is a lot better than he showed at times last season. Guy's the real deal IMO. He'll show it starting 2013 season.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/8/13
  • Gepett0

yeah i heard him comment on this

he said that, particularly in the beginning of the season (which was really when he struggled defensively....his defense did pick up as the season went on, just like everything else), he wasnt as conditioned and so he lost some of his lower body strength, which affected his range...furthermore he recently said that, despite what he said at the time, there was still some problems w/ the ankle that ket him from being able to push off

he said hes been working out all offseason and feels that he is much stronger heading into spring training...he also says the ankle isnt an issue at all anymore...so i expect that he will get much better jumps and have an ability to push off that ankle like he did not at the start of last season

• Reply to this Message
Messages 548181.8 through 548181.9 were deleted
  • 2/8/13
  • metsheart
"there was still some problems w/ the ankle that ket him from being able to push off"

I suspected that might be the case. Hope he's telling the truth now about being OK now (vs what he said at beginning of last yr & that NOT totally being the case).

Expecting to see Ike break out in 2013 & be at the top of the league in a bunch of categories.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/8/13
  • thagreat1
Ike will be the best offensive player for us this year...lol and maybe the best defensive now that I think about it
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/8/13
  • metsheart
You got THAT right!!
(I hope)
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/8/13
  • johnyringo
All star like.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/8/13
  • ewok54
If we say 35 hrs and 100 RBI's we would be projecting an increase of 3 hr's and 10 rbi's. Not alot when you consider he lost 60 games to injury and Valley Fever. I'll go with 40-45 hr's and 110-120 rbi's.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 2/8/13
  • DFAB
During Ike's career...say the next 10 years...8 seasons will be 30+ hrs. Of those 8, 5 of which will be 40+ hrs. Of those 5, 2 will be 50+ hrs. Book it!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/8/13
  • thagreat1
I don't know if you're being sarcastic but I can see Davis hitting 50 once we eventually bring our fences in 2 years from now
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/8/13
  • DFAB
nope, no sarcasm....Davis has that power. He can hit bombs like Dunn and Howard and Howard hit 50+ before. I think he can do it.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/8/13
  • 86kid

That all good to hear for sure. I believe will be a gold glove caliber 1st basemen.

I think with a breakout season this year, Sandy should lock up Ike to one of those team-friendly 5 year deals like they do now on days. It will be a bargain in the long run if Ike goes on to be the annual 35+/100+ hitter he looks to be.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/8/13
  • 86kid
Yes, it's easy to see Ike's power is seriously legit.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/8/13
  • thagreat1
Yup 32 Homers on an off year. that's easily 45 +On a career year
  • Reply to this Message