New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Buck says Santana was tipping his pitches last year
  • To:All
  • 2/7/13
  • 4545_ajd
Kevin Burkhardt ?@KBurkhardtSNY
Fascinating stuff from John Buck saying he noticed Johan Santana tipping pitches last year. He's already helped the @Mets. #MetsHotStove
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • metsfansince89
goes to show how bad of a pitching coach we have. how does he not see this?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • Oldfan
It's either the most cliche' excuse in the majors or the Mets catchers, players and coaches were/are clueless.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • metthunder
great interview or at least great answers by Buck, sounds like his phone calls have more power than Wright's, who else does he know?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • metthunder
agree, so true, I didn't like Peterson but I like Warthen even less, maybe the next manager will bring a good pitching coach. Still think Viola will be in the mix.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • kaztast1c
It is a very specific skill to be able to pick up on such tips. Even the best pitching coaches can miss such things. Poker players experience very much the same thing with tells. Even the best can't do it as well as some. The fact that Buck can come here, possibly help Johan have a great first half, and then let us trade him for another top flight prospect gives me hope.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • danthemetfan
It is not cliche at all. There are many ways a pitcher may be tipping. Ryan Dempster changed the way he held the ball, and now does that funky thing with his glove before every pitch because he was tipping. Remember that game he gave up 5 runs in the 9th vs. the Mets? Why didnt his catcher realize he was tipping?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • 86mex17
F en clueless don't know how he survives every season?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • djiboutirox
because our starting pitching has been good and we have developed our young pitchers well (Niese, Gee, Parnell, Mejia, Harvey etc)
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • gilforhof
I think Viola would make an excellent pitching coach at the ML level (for us). He gets high grades for his work in the minors. Warthen is a nightmare.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • Bowser

"It's either the most cliche' excuse in the majors or the Mets catchers, players and coaches were/are clueless."

^^^^THIS^^^^

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • 86mex17
Only one he maybe has had an extended time to help is maybe Parnell and niese the others he hasn't had a lot of time with. Did some job with pelf btw. Hey, you may like him. I don't.
  • Reply to this Message