• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Protected pick and 3 years/36-39 million is fine,however...
  • To:All
  • 2/7/13
  • stearnsy12

Jim Bowden is also saying that a "team involved in the negotiations" with Bourn says the it will take 14-15 million per year to sign him and not 11-12 million (via MLBTR)

so IF the pick is protected the next question is will Sandy go that high?...i don't think Bourn is worth 15 million a year over a 3 or 4 year deal

somewhere in the 12-13 million range makes more sense to me

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • piazzaspstache

In theory, Bourn should get a number somewhere between Pagan's 4/40 and Swisher's 4/56 deal.

unfortunately for the Mets, Pagan is vastly overpaid, imo, and Swisher is minimally overpaid. Based on these two contracts it will be really tough to give him less than 4 yrs.

It'll come down to whether there's another team involved. If there's no market for him, Sandy should be able to keep to 45. He probably has a number in his head already and if another team forces him beyond it, he'll walk away.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • DFAB
3/36-39 with a 4th year option is fair for both sides IMO
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • stearnsy12

i wouldn't mind if that 4th year is a team option year but i'd be a little leery of guaranteeing it,i don't think he's that good of a player but would ideally be a solid addition to a contending team

that being said if it's going to be 4/45 instead of 3/39,ie at a lesser yearly salary in exchange for another year i'd guess Sandy might go for that

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • stearnsy12
yeah,that'd be fair,i agree with that
  • Reply to this Message