Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Yankees and Mets will both finish 4th
  • To:All
  • 2/7/13
  • alfolerud

We all know the Mets will finish 4th.

Now as for the Yankees...
A-Rod will be out all season.
Youkilis will make multiple trips to the DL.
Jeter is fat and out of shape and will have a terrible year.
They have no catcher.
Tex and Granderson will hit for power but will hit .250 or below.
Ichiro is pretty worthless.
Pettitte and Kiroda are old.
Hughes and Nova are bad pitchers.
Only Cano will perform...and he will outperform Wright for the record.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • JamesHetfi3ld

Yes, the Mets are likely a 4th place team.

Yankees are in the 3-4 range, and I would be surprised if they made the playoffs. This is the beginning of the end of their current squad.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • _BigNick
And their future "farm squad" is still years away.

Right now I see Rays/Blue Jays at the top, then Yankees/Red Sox and Baltimore probably last.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • Gepett0
actually i think this is the year that the phillies completely fall apart and finish in 4th ... its coming....that rotation and core is old, howard is bad, utley can barely walk, there is not one player on that team that scares me...not one...(thats right cole...you gotta actually be able to beat us before you scare me)
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548165.5 was deleted
  • 2/7/13
  • JoseJose
I hope you are right about the Phils. I don't know if they are quite ready to fold yet.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548165.7 was deleted
  • 2/7/13
  • Gepett0

it will largely rest on what lee and halladay do...but i dont have a lot of faith in those guys

ive never been a big believer in lee, who is as streaky as they come....halladay was the best pitcher in baseball for a while...but as we saw w/ johan, that doesnt mean much once the wheels start coming off...

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • fredhoss

<<We all know the Mets will finish 4th.

We don't KNOW what place they will finish in, we can predict what place they finish.
They probably will finish 4th but could finish 3rd or 5th, we don't know.

There are no absolutes in sports.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • alfolerud
As long as you agree they won't finish first or second, then I like your line of thinking.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • 58pwrhtr

The marlins will be better than everyone thinks.

For the record I think the Yanks will be in a 3 team dogfight between Tampa, Toronto and Yankees and be separated by no more than 4 games.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • MetObserver
The marlins will be better than everyone thinks.
-----------------------------
That's a relief everyone was picking them for sixth in the division. Glad to know they have a shot at fifth.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • jonsyankees5

How is Ichiro worthless? He hit .322 in the nearly 70 games with the Yankees last season; and he hasn't missed a game since 2009.

www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/suzukic01.shtml

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • fredhoss
I don't think they'll finish first or second but they COULD no matter how unlikely it seems.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • BigIslandMarinersFan
Took you a whole 23 minutes to respond. You're slipping.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • govmule72
So Baltimore goes from second (and the playoffs) to last with a young team that hasn't changed?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • govmule72

"actually i think this is the year that the phillies completely fall apart and finish in 4th ... its coming....that rotation and core is old, howard is bad, utley can barely walk, there is not one player on that team that scares me...not one...(thats right cole...you gotta actually be able to beat us before you scare me)"

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets this. The Mets finishing 3rd is not an unrealistic expectation. I see the Nats and Braves way up top together and the third place team a ways back from them, with 4th and 5th right behind them.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • govmule72

"I hope you are right about the Phils. I don't know if they are quite ready to fold yet."

Unlike the Yankees, I think they're actually aging as should be expected.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • govmule72

"it will largely rest on what lee and halladay do...but i dont have a lot of faith in those guys

ive never been a big believer in lee, who is as streaky as they come....halladay was the best pitcher in baseball for a while...but as we saw w/ johan, that doesnt mean much once the wheels start coming off..."

I agree, at 36, and coming off his worst year since he was 23, it's not looking so good.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • govmule72

"The marlins will be better than everyone thinks."

Really? They have one player. They make us seem like a group of Allstars.

• Reply to this Message