New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• The NL East is going to be sick this year
  • To:All
  • 2/7/13
  • thebobymon

Phillies, Nats, Braves.

Even a "close 4th place" must be looked at differently if they remain competetive the whole year.

This division is so top heavy it's scary.

Of course if they fold after the ASG again, then it's just another lather, rinse, repeat...

LGM!

• Reply to this Message
Message 548161.2 was deleted
  • 2/7/13
  • govmule72

"They have a history of decent first halves and not showing in in the second half."

This is an understatement. It's a yearly routine. Of course the front office always leaves them high and dry at the break, unlike other winning teams who add needed parts.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • danthemetfan

so then should we not watch any games then until August? If not, will you also not watch them? If we are not banned from watching, should we not root for them to win? If they win, should we not enjoy it?

We cant control how they play, so we enjoy when they do well. If they play like they did last year in the first half, I hope this board is as excited as it was last year, even if the result ends up being the same. I know I will be enjoying and hoping for a better outcome, because even if it is likely to be the same, every year is different.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • Mort2112
No positive reactions allowed.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • pt1028

>>>If they're doing well in the first half I really don't want to hear it from anyone here.<<<

Simple solution: don't read this message board then.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • danthemetfan
my apologies.... I go to the Collins thread and bash him two months before the season because he has the gaul to answer a question from the media and not throw a player under the bus.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • alfolerud
People can be positive about something like Harvey or TDA...but to say that our pen is fixed and our rotation is as good as the Braves is an outlandish opinion and needs to be refuted in the harshest and most abrasive way possible.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • danthemetfan
harshest and most abrasive way possible, and you wonder why you are not liked around here.... the mind boggles.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • govmule72

"People can be positive about something like Harvey or TDA...but to say that our pen is fixed and our rotation is as good as the Braves is an outlandish opinion and needs to be refuted in the harshest and most abrasive way possible."

This is why you <suck.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • thebobymon
No one said that in this thread.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • Mort2112
You need to get a life.
  • Reply to this Message