New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• VIDEO CHAT WITH ALDERSON Today at 1pm
  • To:All
  • 2/7/13
  • 86kid
Get your questions ready folks... lol
I'll say one thing about Sandy and this front office, they haven't been at all reclusive when it comes to dealing with the public - both media and fans.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • JoseJose
I would rather them be reclusive than dishonest and vague as Sandy is.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • 4545_ajd
Did it start yet for anybody?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • metsheart
If it's going on I can't find it.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • 86kid

Thanks. I couldn't find it either until a few minutes ago.

I was so distracted with work I didn't hear much anyway.

Edited 2/7/13   by  86kid
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • 4545_ajd
Well that was a waste of time, terrible job by whoever that was asking the questions.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • metsheart
I got the screen from the link you posted. But it's just showing mlb logo. No sound. Is it over already?

Edited 2/7/13   by  metsheart
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • 86kid
I was trying to work at the same time, and had co-workers talking to me, so I didn't get to focus on it at all. It didn't seem to thrilling though lol
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • thagreat1
Any halfway decent questions?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • 4545_ajd

"Any halfway decent questions?"

One or two maybe about where Flores will play and how important is Bourn's defense, the rest pretty much about him being on twitter and his dog.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • robrock30

I am sure that they will rebroadcast it, but you missed nothing as it was a total waste of time.

The only surprising thing that Sandy said was when asked about Wheeler is that he said he had only seen him pitch a couple of times and looks forward to seeing him pitch in ST.

Is this guy for real or what?

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • thagreat1
wow the potential ace on our team in 2 to 3 years and you only seen him pitch a couple times
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • metsheart
How many times SHOULD the GM have seen a prospect pitch? Does a GM know MORE about the specifics of evaluating pitching than a professional scout? Isn't that why he has a scouting staff?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • thagreat1
Depends. Omar was an exceptional scout.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • robrock30

Exactly, that is what he said that he had only seen Wheeler pitch live a couple of times in addition to video.

Sandy talked more about his dog, his teaching at Berkeley, his personal life.
He said very little of substance about the team, its direction, pending deals.

He is so laid back in attitude about the Mets it looked like he was bored out of his mind which is consistent with his lack of activity with the on field product.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • robrock30
Excuse me, but he wouldn't give up Wheeler in a trade for Justin Upton and he has only seen him pitch a couple of times.
He sounds like an armchair GM just like us and is eager to see him in ST.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • edmet
i have been down on sandy, he killed us with his inaction last yr going into deadline after FF got hurt. and he is a spinmeister. but in fairness, he has had a good off season. signing bourn to a fair contract would be the capper. we can surprise people this yr, especially if santana and marcum are healthy and regain good form. those 2 plus our young stud starters, and adding bourn to spark the O and help the D, and we can be a surprise team this yr. a lot of ifs, i know, but there is hope. i think this team if healthy and with bourn could be an 85 win team, not enuf for WC, but the thing is sandy will have enuf ammo in minors to pull a big deadline trade which could propel us further.

Edited 2/7/13   by  edmet
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • edmet
"distracted with work" hahaha! classic. a real met fan for sure. hope you aren't a nuerosurgeon.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • thagreat1
If you think we can get 85 wins that actually is 2 or 3 games off a wild card
  • Reply to this Message