• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• 8 day fasting log
  • To:All
  • 2/6/13
  • thagreat1
I'm in the Chinese store as I type this enjoying my last meal for a week plus. Veggie lo mein with brown rice (yes I am a vegetarian). Tomorrow,2/7/13, I will begin fasting for a total of 8 days and am using this thread to log my progress. I expect it to be grueling but enlightening and I'm looking forward to the journey.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • danthemetfan
Eating nothing for a week? It was nice knowing you. Why would you do such a thing? And where are you going to get your nourishment?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • thagreat1
Dang I meant to post this in the off topic forum..sorry if I'm out of order. 8 days is no big deal. Lol Carmelo earlier this year did 15 days while basketball every other day
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • danthemetfan
Whats the fast, eat at nights? Smoothies from Jamba Juice like Cindy Sheehan? What can you imbibe?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • Kranesback
I know what you mean...I've been working on half a leftover Veniero's cheesecake since the Super Bowl.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • thagreat1
It's a strict water fast. Not consuming anything but water for the next 8 days. I did a 3 day water day fast sometime back and I thought I was going to die. I learned it's all mental and I'm ready this time to go 8 days.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • govmule72
Once you pass the three days it actually gets easier.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • danthemetfan
why would you or anyone do such a thing?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • reinman43
Good luck man, after your fast you should check out this product called Chawanprash it is like an indian jam, spice tar looking goo that you take twice a day, check it out, good luck again on your fast bro.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • fargol

"Once you pass the three days it actually gets easier. "

True. Once the body realizes it's starving, it'll start assimilating itself.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • thagreat1
Personally, detoxification and healing. Idiosyncratic enlightening, honing will power.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • thagreat1
Thanks I'll check on that...what does it do?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • danthemetfan
Well good luck with it. Not a plan for me, but to each their own.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • thagreat1
Thanks. I'll need all the luck I can get. This will be grueling I admit. I'll try my best
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • reinman43
my gf turned me on to it, just starting taking it, it has a host of benefits, you can get it in an Indian grocery store or even online.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • marvelousmarvin
Go to OT with this stuff.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • HoneyBadger58
Post it wherever you want. Good luck with this, it's very difficult but I hear it's very rewarding when you complete it.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • thagreat1
Read third post of thread. I meant to post in off topic. Innocent mistake.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • marvelousmarvin
I wish you a meaningful and easy fast.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • ExileMetsFan

"I did a 3 day water day fast sometime back and I thought I was going to die. I learned it's all mental and I'm ready this time to go 8 days. "

Figured you'd finish the job?

• Reply to this Message