• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Giants release Ahmad Bradshaw
  • To:All
  • 2/6/13
  • metsfansince89
Wow.. is he that much of an injury concern? seems like he still is pretty good. shocked they did that
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • 4545_ajd
Time for David Wilson to step up.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • nutz4pugs
Seriously? I know they let Boley go, did they really let Bradshaw go? Wow, I guess they're taking their salary cap situation and doing what needs done. Let me know when Osi is shown the door.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • RobfromLI
Time to revamp the offense eh? Wow.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • JoseJose
Holy mackerel. Bradshaw was a gamer. Very unproven guys only now in the backfield.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • vbch
Salary Cap issues. Andre Brown can fill Bradshaw's spot while they give David Wilson more playing time. They cut Chris Canty and Michael Boley as well. Osi will probably be gone. Kiawinuka will be moved do DE. They are playing hardball with Victor Cruz in his negotiation. He is a restricted free agent himself. They'd like to keep both Cruz and Nicks but they still need to add a third receiver. They need a new set of LB's and DB's as well as a couple of more pass rushers. Tuck has gotten old and slow and the opposing offenses seemed to figure out JPP last year. The Giants needed to clean house, rebuild again through the draft, make some smart, cheap acquistions, and hopefully they will be ready to contend again pretty soon. But this team with this group of players has run its course and they really need to make some big changes this offseason.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • RobfromLI

It's the NFL, turn over like this is impossible to avoid. You just have to hope that Reese will bring in the right guys to replace the ones we are letting go. I personally believe that Wilson and Brown will do a fine job replacing Bradshaw. The Giants are a pass first team, we don't actually need a top notch HB - the main issue with losing Bradshaw will be pass blocking. Bradshaw was a top notch pass blocking HB. We know Wilson isn't great at it and Brown didn't get enough playing time for him to be evaluated in it.

The defense was bad and needs to be re-worked anyway. The D-line was such a let down that we shouldn't shed any tears for losing anyone other than JPP off of it.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • Oldfan

Agree.

Diehl, Webster, Tuck and Osi should be next.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • giantsmets
Man you are so right especially Diehl and Webster. Both were awful last year. Line played better without Diehl and Webster was the second coming of Elvis "Toast" Patterson.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • mysticpiazza
Bradshaw was the only guy who remotely resembled a running back on that team. I don't know where they think they're going to find a running game now.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • reinman43
Can he play left, center or right ?? Maybe we can get him on the cheap ? The Giants released him for a reason, sorry Ahmad but good for the Giants.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • JoseJose
I agree with you. Everyone is like "oh, it's the business end of it, salary cap..." as if we were a championship team with many pieces and proven backups. We just got embarrassingly DEMOLISHED in 2 must-win games by two good teams at the end of the season. We are not even CLOSE to Falcons and Ravens in talent as shown when they effortlessly creamed us, yet we are shedding a proven, tough, gamer for near-rookies? Who are they going to get that is as good as or better than Ahmad? Remember, we got killed by the good teams when it mattered, we need to get BETTER, not just maintain status quo or decline slightly.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • 4545_ajd

"Bradshaw was the only guy who remotely resembled a running back on that team. I don't know where they think they're going to find a running game now."

David Wilson.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • JoseJose
Wilson doesn't replace Bradshaw's blocking and is still unproven.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • Mort2112
Eli's $20 million cap hit for the next three years hurts.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • JoseJose
Yep - but for goodness sake get rid of Cushion Corey Webster before anyone else!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • vbch
Webster will be gone. Flacco threw in his direction on about 10 consecutive plays in the Giants-Ravens game and he either got a long completion or a pass interference penalty on every play.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • DFAB
well, the good news is that the Giants have a GM who knows what he's doing so I'm sure he will find solid replacements
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • MetObserver
Maybe they should finish last next year so they can draft Clowney from South Carolina for the opposite end position. In case you haven't seen it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8q3Whn2ivI He will be the #1 defensive player in college ball next year and his is still learning.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • Oldfan

Andre Brown was more effective than Bradshaw, before he broke his leg.

David Wilson wasn't drafted in the 1st round to be the 3rd back.

Bradshaw was still good, but he just another foot operation and has a big cap number.

The Giants will get a 3rd back who doesn't have 4+ mil cap hit.

• Reply to this Message