• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Yankees have benefitted from PEDs more than any other team?
  • To:All
  • 2/6/13
  • rangers61134465
is this reasonable to say?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • 86kid
Interesting thought, but since we still don't know the full weight and list of players and teams who benefited from them, it be hard to judge that. At this point, sadly, no players seems above suspicion.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • thebobymon

Yup.

Wait until they renege on A-Roids contract, they will be the the biggest benefactors of PED's ever.

The "class" is tainted.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • Kranesback
But if you consider those named as a representative sampling, it's pretty clear that they have benefitted the most from cheating or at least have been the most involved team.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • DFAB
that's a pretty safe bet
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • bbyjean616

is this reasonable to say?"

No its not. Every think that maybe their players were just better? Hasnt it been proven that MANY MANY players have used steroids? Why did you only hear about maybe, 5% of the names on the Mitchel report? Because only 5% of those names sell papers and cause scandals. Many have cheated yet few have succeeded. Why? Is it possible that steroids dont have the effect that you're taught to believe they do? Roger Marris hit 61 Home runs in 1961. He hit 33, almost HALF of that in 1962. Why? Why did he hit twice as many n 61 as he did in 62? Where is the investigation? Look, I hate the Yankees as much as any NY Mets fan but lets be reasonable. Steroids didnt help them. Talent did. Arod was on them last year. Why was he so horrible? We ignore that year and go straight back to 2009. People believe whatever their told

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • JamesHetfi3ld

A-Roid is obscenely talented, but he went into the stratosphere after taking something.

Caminiti echoed the same thoughts- These aren't reporters or fans stating it makes a huge difference, these are players. So not only do we have inflated statistics as proof, we have their own anecdotal evidence as well.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • bbyjean616

A-Roid is obscenely talented, but he went into the stratosphere after taking something.

Caminiti echoed the same thoughts- These aren't reporters or fans stating it makes a huge difference, these are players. So not only do we have inflated statistics as proof, we have their own anecdotal evidence as well."

I disagree that we have inflated statistics. Like I said. Explain Why Marris hit 61 in 61 and 33 in 62? Now... Mark McGuire hit 49 home runs in his rookie year. He could hoola hoop through a cheerio during his rookie season. Reporters arent telling you about EVERYONE who is taking them? Why? Could it be that 95% of the players on them are NO ONE you care about? And you dont care about them because they havent done a thing to make you care about them? Why isnt anyone talking about the scuffed ball? No matter how strong you are, if the ball is unaturally unhittable, what good are steroids? Where is the outrage over Gaylord Perry. There is actually NO proof that anyones stats are inflated due to steroids, just SOME players who were linked to them having great stats. Why was A Rod so horrible last year? He was on them then too

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • bbyjean616

www.sportsreelboston.com/2013/01/30/catalanotto-the-corrupt-mlb-hof/

Read this. Catalonotto might be ore qualified than both of us on the subject but he echoed everything I ever said about it

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • JamesHetfi3ld

Because now he's broken, old, and tired. He isn't the same player he once was.

To completely ignore the era's inflated stats seems strange to me, because there is such a huge increase in power during that time... Completely out of line with the average the sport has had in the past. Yes, players are more athletic today then ever. Yes, they train smarter. Yes, they're very talented.

But when you see what we've seen, and heard what we've heard (again, from players), it's hard to look the other way.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • bbyjean616

Because now he's broken, old, and tired. He isn't the same player he once was.

To completely ignore the era's inflated stats seems strange to me, because there is such a huge increase in power during that time... Completely out of line with the average the sport has had in the past. Yes, players are more athletic today then ever. Yes, they train smarter. Yes, they're very talented.

But when you see what we've seen, and heard what we've heard (again, from players), it's hard to look the other way."

No thats your opinion. Are you a doctor? You actually have no idea why he had a horrible year. You also ignored every question and point I made. Sorry but if read Catalonottos article, Im he completly destroys whatever argument you made. Im gonna go with him on this. He provides more than just an opinion. He asks questions and brings up examples

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • AdrianMonk

They buy the best players and a high percentage of the best players use PEDs.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • JamesHetfi3ld

'Are you a doctor?'

... You would be surprised.

And there are plenty of examples that show inflated statistics when a player is on something, or how some of these guys can play well into their 40's when in the past that was unheard of. Medically speaking, there is undeniable evidence proving the enhancements that steroids can provide.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • bbyjean616
Read Cats article. its hard to have a conversation with you when youre ignoring anything I say that refutes your "points"
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • bbyjean616
How do you know what the percentage is of players on PEDS? How do you know the Yankees have the most? The Mitchel report alone only released, what, 5-10% of the names on it
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • rangers61134465
Arod been using since junior year of HS
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548140.17 was deleted
  • 2/6/13
  • govmule72
I wouldn't call it reasonable to say they "benefitted more" from PEDs. It's far too complex a question to accurately measure.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • govmule72

"A-Roid is obscenely talented, but he went into the stratosphere after taking something."

He was in the stratosphere since age 20 - so you're basically saying he took them his whole career.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • hammr1952
tainted? what do you call your squad sunshine? BTW hows your bf fuzzywuzzy? take a hike pinyata.... your act is worn out.... just like your team.
HAHAHAHA PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT
  • Reply to this Message