• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Cameron vs Bourn
  • To:All
  • 2/5/13
  • jsmet
I would even take Cameron over Bourn . And i was never a Cameron fan. Although Cameron was a strike out machine at least he hit one out once in a while and would give you 25 home runs at the end of the year. Bourne is lucky if he hits 10 out.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • 58pwrhtr
I just looked at Bourne's stats. I cant believe hes struck out 295 times the last 2 seasons. Didnt strike me as that type player. I would love to have him because I hate Tejada in the leadoff spot and because despite the Ks he is a gigantic upgrade in the outfield, but I still cant believe he is a strikeout machine.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • thagreat1
I'm the only person on earth who doesn't want this guy. if the Mets somehow go far this year it will be through chemistry I do not think Bourne will mesh will with our guys
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548122.4 was deleted
  • 2/5/13
  • nvmets10
What about Bourn's fantastic defense (on a team whose outfield defense is embarrassing) and speed (on a team with basically none of it and badly in need of a leadoff hitter) doesn't "mesh well with our guys"?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • marvelousmarvin
As I have posted before, Bourne is Mike Cameron with no power. No thanks.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • 86kid
No, you're certainly not the only one. I am not at all impressed with Bourn really, and I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep if Sandy passed on him. That said, if he could be had for a one year deal for reasonable money, I would not complain too much. Certainly if they do sign him, they'd better not go beyond three years, and surely better not give up a pick for him. I wouldn't even part with my 2nd round pick for him. And he totally not worth anything close to 15 million per year.

Edited 2/6/13   by  86kid
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • govmule72
Cameron was a .782 hitter. Bourn is a .704. The extra stolen bases don't make up for that.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • 86kid

I was completely thrilled when Cameron gone from Shea anf put on a different uniform.

The only advantage of Bourn is that he'd be the only proven major league player in a outfield mix full of question marks.

But even that isnt really worth over paying in dollars and years for - especially if it means still finishing in the same position regardless. And I would give up even a 2nd round pick for him, let alone my first round pick.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • jsmet

It is troubling....Mets can strike out plenty without him.<

They should Play Kirk or Dan Dekker. They can strikeout just like Broun
And they only have to pay them the minimum to do it. Instead of spending millions on Bourne.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • kaztast1c
Plus Cameron was hands down the better defensive CF. Kind of puts things in perspective with Bourn.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • govmule72

"Plus Cameron was hands down the better defensive CF. Kind of puts things in perspective with Bourn."

I always thought his fielding was underrated despite his 3 GGs.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • djiboutirox
worth 5+ wins a year. yeah, good going
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • djiboutirox
the defense and the fact that we arent in the quasi-steroid era do
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • thagreat1
Bourne is nothing special offensively. Above average to very good defense I'll give you that. But let me reiterate, aside from 35 + stolen bases he is no better than tejada offensively (not a knock on tejada,I love the kid).
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548122.16 was deleted
  • 2/6/13
  • promets
IMO Tejada is one of the top 6 shortstops in MLB today. I hope he is with the Mets for many years to come. I also believe his power will improve as he matures physically.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • piazzaspstache

I liked mike Cameron - he was the right player to sign at the time.

With that said, Bourn is the right player now because he fills two voids - CF and leadoff hitter. And he won't be expensive or prohibitive.

Teams have gotten to the World Series with less than Mike Bourn at CF in the past.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • ewok54
Why can't they complement each other. How about Bourn, Tejada, Murphy, Davis, Wright., Duda, Buck, Baxter. Tejada's bat control, patience at the plate and effectiveness with two strikes make him an excellent #2 hitter. The number 3 hitter should be your best pure hitter. Murphy is good in the clutch and a solid .300+ hitter. With Wright protecting Davis, he sees alot more fastballs.
  • Reply to this Message