• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Wright text - recruiting Bourne
  • To:All
  • 2/5/13
  • anthony888

MLB to tonight reports that DW has been trying to persuade Bourne to come to the Mets

I'm at the point where I may not want to sign a player that doesn't want to play here.

• Reply to this Message
Message 548119.2 was deleted
  • 2/5/13
  • HundleytheLFer

Bourn hasn't signed yet, b/c Boras hasn't gotten a contract offer he likes. Not b/c Bourn is refusing to play for the Mets.

Wright talking to Bourn is just him being his nice guy talking to new teammates/potential teammates thing.

There are potentially other reasons not to want Bourn though

Edited 2/5/13   by  HundleytheLFer
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 2/5/13
  • anthony888

I agree with both of you. However, then where does Wright come into play here? Why would he be texting Bourne, trying to convince him to come here?

Could it be a situation where Boras, Mets and MLB have quietly worked something out, but Bourne doesn't want to play here?

• Reply to this Message
Message 548119.5 was deleted
  • 2/5/13
  • anthony888

<<<< It is done all the time. Players being courted by a team have their top names contact them as a way trying to get them.>>>>

Yes, I know this.

I'm just wondering why DW would get involved, if there are so many other obstacles?

• Reply to this Message
Message 548119.7 was deleted
  • 2/5/13
  • HundleytheLFer

I highly doubt that the Mets/Boras have worked out a deal and Bourn is refusing to come here.

Wright contacting him is pretty typical stuff. Standard recruitment type thing. I'd imagine its helpful for FA players to be able to talk to other players instead of just the front office guys. And (outside of the $ which is the main issue) it probably helps them feel wanted a little bit too.

• Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
We have a big-time Closer problem going forward (IMO)...
Latest by GregHughes - 11:50 PM
15 games 2013/2014
Latest by fevermets - 11:48 PM
What does 14 mil+11mil +7 1/2mil =?
Latest by gatorupset - 11:44 PM
Good road trip
Latest by nym3120 - 11:44 PM
satisfied Mets fan
Latest by nym3120 - 11:33 PM
Mets 10 Game Home Stand Predictions
Latest by nym3120 - 11:29 PM
Beer