• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Hate to say it..
  • To:All
  • 2/5/13
  • BigTon
but take a look at the top 20 players in the 2013 MLB Fantasy player draft,here's the link
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/fantasy/preview/y2013/ Out of those 20 i feel that only 3 of them are clean.And that's McCutchen,Tulo and Verlander.The rest IMO are suspect.Just saying.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • BigTon
Make that 4 because i think Heyward's clean too.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • thagreat1
That's just the way it is
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • TheGMan47
You don't think that Wright, Trout, Harper, and Votto are clean?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • BigTon
Nope.I think Wright used and then maybe cycled off of it during his time off so he may be clean now but
yeah..Trout,Harper,Votto yes.Just my opinion.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • rangers61134465

What do you use to come up with your conclusions?

Elaborate on why you think they are clean and others arent

Sincerely interested

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • BigTon
A combination of the ol' eye test.The back to back consistent outlandish numbers being put up year after year.While the numbers are nice to look at,it sometimes seems incredible.Also the fact that that alot of them have been eerily quiet about the whole PED epidemic.The reason i include Trout and Harper on this list is because these young kids in college and high school are just as impressionable and determined to make it into the big leagues as ,say some teen in the Dominican Republic.I could picture a scenerio where a young college kid says to himself "I'll use this stuff now,get noticed and then picked up by a MLB team and cash in.You don't think theres an angry competitive dad out there wanting to even the playing field for his son?Again this is just my opinion and it may seem a little twisted but that's just me.I think the stringent testing should start in colleges all the way up through the minors and then the Majors.

Edited 2/6/13   by  BigTon
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • Gepett0

except that neither trout or harper WENT to college...unless you're claiming theyve been using since hs

and there is no way that wright is on roids based on the eye test...hes not really big or insanely ripped...and there has never been any evidence to suggest that he did anything

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • BigTon
I understand that.And i could be absolutely wrong on all accounts.This was more of an opinion post.It's hard for me to believe that anybody was clean at any given point in time.I do believe,especially with guys like Schaefer and with more and more prospects being linked to PED's,that there could be an even bigger problem down in the minors and even in collegiate sports.And i wouldn't be surprised if more than one impressionable high school teen with dreams of becoming an MLB star is also experimenting with PED's.In there eyes they would have nothing to lose,and if they do make it into the big leagues and test positive it's only a 50 game suspension and after that they can continue to live there MLB dream while reaping the monetary benefits.

Edited 2/7/13   by  BigTon
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • alfolerud
You don't think Harper is clean?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • BigTon
It wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't.I think a lot of fans are at the point where they want to believe certain players are clean for one reason or another but i think that everyone has to be/should be tested before the start of the season.I think alot of young guys fly under the radar and should be the first to get tested IMO because of the long career that lies ahead of them.The last thing i want is for Harper to brake Bonds all time career HR record and then find out in the end that he was using as well.Nip it in the bud and test these young kids now.Test in college and test in high schools.Again i'm not sure what the policies are in college and high school and maybe they already test for that kind of stuff.But if they don't then they should seriously consider starting.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548118.12 was deleted
  • 2/7/13
  • rangers61134465
Harper went to college
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • rangers61134465

Testing = money

So you can forget high school

Also I don't think there is any eye test that can be used

Agree with you percentage though

Harper is a Mormon so maybe he's not on anything..ha who knows

But arod started juicing at 15 or so

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • gilforhof

Some parents live their lives through their kids because they basically have no life of their own or failed miserably in everything they ever attempted. Its not pretty. I did some coaching for my daughters softball team and it was unbelieveable how some parents acted. It got extremely hostile. You hear about it everywhere.

As far as this PEDs thing goes, I take the approach of giving everyone the benefit of the doubt until it is PROVEN they took them (e.g. Piazza). Its an exercise in futility trying to place guilt on someone that isn't even involved.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • piazzaspstache

Pretty random assessment. I'm definitely suspicious of Tulo. No one is beyond suspicion. The whole thing is a joke. If they were serious about eradicating PED's they would make the first offense a 2 year suspension with no pay and the 2nd suspension would be a lifetime ban from the game. That's it. end of story.

Until they get serious about it the cheaters will continue to cheat. Why wouldn't they? Look how Melky's been rewarded for cheating! It's $$$ worth the gamble.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • gilforhof
Harold Reynolds was discussing that about a week ago. He said for most players, if its a decision between the Hall or the money, players will go after the money everytime and do what needs to be done to get it. A telling observation on his part, also he was there and pretty much knows the thinking process of the players.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548118.18 was deleted
  • 2/7/13
  • piazzaspstache
A poor reflection of the society we live in.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • gilforhof
That it is. And, unfortunately, kids use these guys as role models to a certain degree.
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Minor League Baseball
Latest by 3bwright - 12:14 PM
Oh, and BTW.. Davis is 0-9 and at .227
Latest by thagreat1 - 12:14 PM
Brian McCann
Latest by almandareo357 - 12:13 PM
Knock Collins all you want!
Latest by jimg223 - 12:12 PM
Chris Young batting .200, anyone surprised?
Latest by thagreat1 - 12:11 PM
Terry just pull Grandy aside
Latest by almandareo357 - 12:11 PM
Beautiful play!
Latest by elguapo111 - 12:10 PM
Since those first 3 games...
Latest by ewok54 - 12:10 PM
Musician Name Game
Latest by jereviens - 11:54 AM
It's a shame we passed on Abreu and Cruz...
Latest by ucpatoi - 11:53 AM