• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Ryan Braun/Miami anti aging clinic
  • To:All
  • 2/5/13
  • BigTon
Shoulda known.Didn't Braun attend and play for Miami?These guys dealt with lots of collegiate teams i heard.I think this may be bigger than a MLB problem and stemming more these days from the lower,less scrutinized levels.

Edited 2/5/13   by  BigTon
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • Moses0507

It was pretty Clear that he used PEDs when he failed the test last year, but its nice to have more evidence to back it up.

What a POS.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • _BigNick
Francisco Cervelli and Danny Valencia also on the list.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • 58pwrhtr

I dont doubt that any of these players are cheaters but people need to realize the Miami New Times is a garbage free newspaper that you get outside a strip club or a swap shop. It has such esteemed writeers like Luke Skyywalker, and I am not talking about the force be with you Luke either.

It is a trashy no credibility publication and at some point that will ruin any chance of busting any of these guys.

The only reason I have even a shread of doubt that all this is true is the source and why on earth the snitch gave the info to the Miami New Times instead of a larger or more credible source.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • ucpatoi
This report about Braun was actually from Yahoo!.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • danthemetfan
Actually there is no evidence Braun obtained or used PED in association with this story. The only evidence is that Braun owed this guy money. All of the other players' names on the ledger have their name, money owed, and a drug or treatment listed, Bruan doesnt. Also, Braun's attouney's name is also on the ledger along with Braun's which if anything is "evidence" to corroborate Braun's story.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • METMAINEAC
2 Live Crew?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • 58pwrhtr

yes that Luke. Has a regular column in the Miami New Times and they are nothing short of ridiculous. It's not a real newspaper. Its one of those free 10 pagers you get outside the supermarket.

Edited 2/6/13   by  58pwrhtr
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • METMAINEAC
So, fishwrap aside, do you think there is any validity to this info?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • ucpatoi

If Braun had a perfectly legal and legit association with Bosch, why didn't he come forward when the story initially broke? He only admitted to his associated once his name was brought up.

Also, how does one come to have a legal and legit association with a PED dealer in the first place? Did he use the "clinic" for a legit medical purpose. Is that even a realistic scenario? Was he referenced by another PED user? That's the part I don't get. It just doesn't make sense to me. I mean its not like I would go to a drug dealer for aspirin knowing its going to look shady to anyone else.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • 58pwrhtr

Until Braun pretty much admitted a relationship with Bosch I was skeptical that the records were authentic. They were so detailed that it almost looked like too detailed to be true. Who keeps stats of their patients? Guy sounds like a nutjob. But now that Braun has admitted to knowing him and having a relationship with this guy, I believe they are real records.

My questions still is why would the snitch turn these records over to this garbage newspaper.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • govmule72

"Until Braun pretty much admitted a relationship with Bosch I was skeptical that the records were authentic. They were so detailed that it almost looked like too detailed to be true. Who keeps stats of their patients? Guy sounds like a nutjob. But now that Braun has admitted to knowing him and having a relationship with this guy, I believe they are real records.

My questions still is why would the snitch turn these records over to this garbage newspaper."

So nothing the paper says should be taken seriously, except corroborated stuff - which is quite a lucky coincidence - that should be taken seriously?

It's funny no one has denied any of the reporting.

• Reply to this Message
Message 548116.13 was deleted
  • 2/6/13
  • 58pwrhtr
The National Enquirer is CNN compared to the Miami New Times. Its not even worthy of wiping yourself when you do your business in the woods.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • govmule72

When was the last time you were in Miami?

The MNT is basically the Village Voice of Miami (I believe they actually bought them). It's targeted towards a younger, 'hipper' audience. Like the Voice, it's full of cheese and trash and silly stuff.

...but also like the Voice it contains some serious journalism in the weeds - hard hitting, investigative, well written.

So the answer is it's both better and worse than larger media.

It doesn't mean this story is not completely, or at least somewhat, valid.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • metsheart
"Didn't Braun attend and play for Miami?"

Yes. On the same team w/ Danny Valencia & Yasmani Grandal (also listed at that clinic). Quite a series of "coincidences."
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • govmule72

""Didn't Braun attend and play for Miami?"

Yes. On the same team w/ Danny Valencia & Yasmani Grandal (also listed at that clinic). Quite a series of "coincidences.""

Nah, the rag is just making it all up!

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • 58pwrhtr

about 15 minutes ago, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7 and so on.

I live here.

The MNT is trash. Luke writes for them. Enough said.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • 58pwrhtr
I never said it was false or they made it up. I just pointed out that it is not the most credible paper in the world. I could break the story and have zero journalistic credibility and that doenst mean its false.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • danthemetfan

To speculate, when the story broke it was associated with players that purchased drugs or treatments. If Braun received neither, why bring attention to it? Maybe his name wouldnt come up on a consultation. It did, he gave a reason.

Now, all I said was there was no evidence he received PEDs or treatments, replying to a poster who said now there is "evidence" he lied. He was wrong. There is no evidence linking Braun to PED or treatments. That does not mean he didnt lie, or didnt use, and I am not defending him as such. I am just saying it is purely speculative on his part of the story to extrapolate him to use from only a consultation.

Why go to drug dealer for a consultation? Probably because the Dr. knows how a test comes back positive, and the liklihood of a false positive. Braun was looking for a defense, either because he truly was caught in a false positive, or because he wasnt and needed ideas to get off. The fact that he spoke to him does not make him guilty.

• Reply to this Message