• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• NEISE A TOP TEIR PITCHER, BETTER THEN MOST
  • To:All
  • 2/5/13
  • saztastic2012

Neise would be the number one on a lot of teams, Number two on others and number 4 only on SF,

In ERA he was Tied 13th Amoung full time starters, Tied with Detwiler, 0.03 Behind Bumgardner and Vogleson, Know those names???

He was tied for 11th in WHIP with Zimmerman (heard of him?) Cueto and Burhle, HMMMMM

More eye openers for you,

Dodgers had just one starter with a better ERA so he would be their number two,
Cin had one starter with a better ERA so again he would be their number two,
He would be the num ber four on SF but just 0.03 behind the number 2 and 3,
STL had just one starter with a better ERA so he would be their number two,
he would be tied for the third best starter on the Gnats,
Third best on Phily,
Secnd best on ARZ (right behind their number one,

He would be the number one starter on
The Braves
Pits
SD
Miami
Milw
Cubs
Asstrolls
COl

So lets recap he is better then the number one on 7 NL teams, Better then the number two on four teams, And better then the number three starter on two teams, Only one team had three pitchers better

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • metsfansince89

these teams are all bottom dwellers so thats not very comforting. i also wouldn't guarantee niese would be a #1 on the braves. hes pretty even with a few pitchers on that team.

but niese is a nice pitcher i do agree but lets relax with the top tier pitcher talk. hes not there yet.

i also gotta say i love the way you manipulate stats lol. good stuff.

Edited 2/5/13   by  metsfansince89
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • AdrianMonk
I'm not convinced yet. He put up good numbers, but I didn't really see him as "dominating" so to speak. He gave us quality starts, but didn't really frighten anyone in the process. An ace should have a certain presence about him.

Edited 2/5/13   by  AdrianMonk
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • 4545_ajd

"but niese is a nice pitcher i do agree but lets relax with the top tier pitcher talk. hes not there yet."

He has to show last year wasn't a fluke to be considered a top tier pitcher. And I think he will. I don't think people realize how big a deal him getting the nose job/nasal surgery last winter is when it comes to his performance.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • bklynmetsfan
On a respectable team, Jon Niese is a solid #3 starter. He doesnt have the stuff to be a #1, but is alot better than a #4.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • 4545_ajd

"I'm not convinced yet. He put up good numbers, but I didn't really see him as "dominating" so to speak. He gave us quality starts, but didn't really frighten anyone in the process. An ace should have a certain presence about him.

Niese pitched his best in the 2nd half when the team wasn't scoring runs and he was also pushed off to the side and went unnoticed because Dickey was having such a remarkably year and Harvey had such a strong start to his career.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • metsfansince89
yeah i think he has a great chance to be a really good #2 for us. those first 2 years he showed promise but he just couldn't finish his seasons. the nose job may have helped big time to help him do that
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • thebobymon

No way any team coming into town is breathing a sigh of relief if they have to face Neise, thats for sure.

This could be a very good year for him.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • 4545_ajd

"yeah i think he has a great chance to be a really good #2 for us. those first 2 years he showed promise but he just couldn't finish his seasons. the nose job may have helped big time to help him do that"

I tried working out the other day with clogged sinuses and I was done half way through, imagine everyday being like that, and then one day all of the sudden being able to breath normally? That is huge not only for him during the course of a game but also in between games and in the off season where he can work out longer and get better cardio which will also help him in later innings as well as later in the year.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • saztastic2012

Not saying he is an ACE, Just that his stats make him better then the number one (that is not the same thing as an ACE) of many teams.

Also keep in mind he is still very young and left handed.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • saztastic2012
For the record I stated before last year that he claerly wore down in the second half as his first half stats were great and his second half stats mediocre the first two full seasons, I also made a thread making the statement that the nose job should help him with his stamina, Which clearly it did.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • mcmet69

teir- no dictionary results

I before E, except after C.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • marvelousmarvin
I before E, except after C.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • saztastic2012

Did you notice the top part of my post where I posted where he would fall on every team? Only on SF would he be a number four and on SF he was only 0l03 behind the number two and three pitchers, Only a couple of teams had two starters with better ERA's, So based on ERA he was better then most, His ERA was tied for 12 so only 11 pitchers had better ERA's and many of those were very close to his 3.40 and only 10 pitchers had better WHIP,

So 11 pitchers with better ERAs and 10 with better WHIP puts him as the 11th or 12th best pitcher stats wise which means he would have been the number one or even two on a lot of teams.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • saztastic2012
Agreed, We have a very good rotation and I can not wait to see Harvey and Gee for a full year, And excited to see Wheeler mid season.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • saztastic2012
ANything of value to add?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • saztastic2012
Considering there is no C in Tier how does that help?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • thagreat1
I don't think Wheeler comes up in 2013
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • 4545_ajd

"I don't think Wheeler comes up in 2013"

And what is your basis for this belief?

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • saztastic2012
I thought the plan was to do the same thing they did with harvey.
  • Reply to this Message