• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Is MLB drug testing a Sham?
  • To:All
  • 2/5/13
  • mobeen

In light of reports coming out from Miami, allegedly ARod took various banned substance through different delivery systems. At the end of the day, most of these drugs are not uncommon and should be found during testing a player. If these charges against ARod are accurate (and I believe they are), how does he escape every time during testing.

I am not putting away the notion that ARod is one of the most powerful baseball player with a lot of money and contacts, so it can't be that difficult for him to use his power and "take care of business".

Every time a report of some kind comes out, MLB investigators start doing their "due diligence". If a big money making organization like the MLB cannot be proactive rather than reactive, why go through this charade?

On a side note, I am so sick of this Players Union and this lame 50 game ban. Until sterner actions are not taken against the player and team for getting caught, this will continue happening.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • MetObserver
So far baseball only has urine testing and many drugs can be masked chemically. So until they get blood testing passed there will always be ways around getting caught. Especially if you have the money to pay for it. Also with testing you have to test for specific types of substances and the more you test for the more expensive the tests become. These outfits like the one being investigated must know what baseball tests for and then can disguise the drugs so they will not show up.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • edmet
no, 3 of the guys mentioned so far in the miami report were caught by mlb testing. and they have a new hgh test and testosterone baseline testing. best program in sports tho far from perfect. they need to up the penalties.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • vbch
Tough to catch these guys when they are always ahead of the curve when it comes to knowing what products to use that won't show up on a test. The HGH and other types of things players use now don't stay in the system very long. The only reason this is getting any news is because there was a paper trail, the guy who did the injections opened his mouth, and it involved A-Rod who is a drama queen anyway. Otherwise, you wouldn't be hearing anything about this. MLB has the best testing out of all of the sports. Ray Lewis was spraying deer antler spray all over himself so that he could get back in time for the playoffs. Only reason he was found out was because the guy he bought it from spoke up. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of players in all sports who are using alternative products that are not necessarily steroids but might be banned items that leave the system quickly and are difficult to catch.
  • Reply to this Message