• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Would you send Mejia/Familia down as starters?
  • To:All
  • 2/4/13
  • stearnsy12

with the signings of Marcum,Atchinson,Hawkins,and likely Lyons there appears to be little room for Mejia and Familia on the OD roster. It's possible of course but right now there's no starting spot open and with a pen of at least Edgin,Parnell,Lyons,Francisco,Hawkins,and perhaps Carson or Feliciano (a second lefty) there may be no reason to keep the two 23 year olds (who are one day apart age wise BTW) on the ML roster

Mejia can go to Vegas and stretch out and strengthen some more,a year further away from TJ surgery,and Familia can work on his command which was not good in the minors last year and dreadful up at the Show,give him another shot at being a starter

no reason to push them to Citi just yet,give them more time to mature,heal,and develop?

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/4/13
  • Oldfan
I'd snd Mejia down for sure. I don't agree with wasting him in the pen, unless he becomes the closer. I'd probably send Familia down too, at least to start the season, but put him in the pen if that's where the Mets plan to use him.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/4/13
  • bbjmparis
Both are terrible. The farther away from NY they are, the better we'll be.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/4/13
  • thagreat1

" who are one day apart age wise BTW"

Fun fact of the day!

If definitely send Familia down as he has a lot to work on.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/4/13
  • metsnation
Keep them starting in AAA. They will have more trade value. They can come up if Marcum or Santana are traded and not rush Wheeler if he is not ready.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/4/13
  • rnixon
Vegas not the place to build trade value. But yes, the minors to be used for depth which will be needed at the deadline. Best case scenerio we may trade both Santana and Marcum so we will need starters. I also think some of these middle relievers may be good chips as well if they work out. I like what Sandy is doing here. I think we are two OFers a way from a good team in 2014. If somehow he pulls Bourne out this year, without giving up the pick, we are even closer.
  • Reply to this Message