• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• with a little luck
Message 548066.1 was deleted
  • 2/4/13
  • bbjmparis
With a little luck you'd win the lottery too. For all that to happen would require a mountain of luck. Two mountains, oh great paid BB professional.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/4/13
  • thagreat1
Everything he said is actually very attainable.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/4/13
  • metman79
if one of the outfielders break out, Duda, Ike, David and Murphy have normal years...no injuries and no prolonged slumps, pitching is good and bullpen is much improved...who knows what we can do?
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548066.5 was deleted
  • 2/4/13
  • thagreat1
Is bbj really a she? Or are you just teasing?
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548066.7 was deleted
  • 2/4/13
  • bbjmparis

Look at what you're saying....

No Injuries. Everybody has injuries. Tyhat's why you have a bench. To go through a season without losing an important player for a significant amount of time is unusual.

If pitching is good. We have two healthy, proven, major league starters. Niese, and even he has a heart condition. Our crack medical staff says it isn't serious, but when's the last time they've been right? Marcum, who's getting old and wasn't more than a decent # 3 anyway. Santana's arm is attached with duct tape. Gee is coming back from a serious medical problem. Who knows what he'll be? Who knows what Harvey is too. If anyone can't pitch for an extended period, or busts, we have very little to replace them with. To have good pitching would require each of them to pitch as well as they ever did, all at the same time. Very unlikely. Santana holding up all year is unlikely too.

BP is much improved. Why should it be? We signed a few guys off the scrap heap. If any of them work out, more luck. Different names, same thin talent. I do think Francisco will be better, but he could hardly be worse.

No prolonged slumps. Slumps are part of the game. If a player goes through a year without one, he has a career year. Those are rare. For everyone to have one the same year is lottery winning luck.

One of the outfielders break out. Cowgill and the others have been knocking around for years. There is a reason they're part time players. Our own crop of wannabees showed why. Kirk N looked good, but was exposed when pitchers discovered his weaknesses. We have a bunch of backups, at best, in the OF. COULD one of them put it all together? Sure, but unlikely. It would require a lot of luck.

Duda, Ike, David and Murphy have normal years. Well, normal is what you can expect, so that's not asking for much. However, normal for Duda is he'll stink. Normal for Ike is he'll look great for half a year and either stink or be injured for the other half. Davis is an all star and I expect him to remsin so. Normal for Murphy is being a deeply flawed player who will hit well, but has no range and can't catch much of what he does reach in the field. What you're asking is that Wright continues to shine, while Duda, Murphy, and Ike play as well as they did for parts of seasons for the whole year...have career years. Not too likely.

So sure, IF all that happens we can be good. If bad players suddenly play better, we can be better. Sure, you're right...and it doesn't require the violation of any laws of physics, so it's possible...but don't you see it requires mountains of luck? If all that happened on another team, the Pirates could play the Royals in the WS. What are the odds of that?

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/4/13
  • bbjmparis
You were told I am a he. I see you have problems with reading comprehension too...or maybe it's just bad memory...or maybe it's just that you're a liar...great BB professional that you claim to be.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548066.10 was deleted
  • 2/4/13
  • Ultimate_Lou2013
...lottery is a game of chance...just like you have no chance of ever being a real Mets fan...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/4/13
  • bbjmparis
Ah, making the claim again...LIAR. If you were ever paid a dime by a team it was for sweeping out the stadium after a game...but I doubt you have the brainpower for even that. That's why you didn't have to put your IQ on your screen name...everyone knows
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/4/13
  • thagreat1
What does BBJ stand for in your user name?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/4/13
  • bbjmparis

First, it's BBJM, the great BB professional didn't even get that right...well what can you expect from a 13 year old? They're initials. Paris is where I got my degree. None of that's important. What is, is that the Mets are owned by cheap, broke, stupid owners, who hired SA to dismantle a team they could no longer afford, and replace it with a bunch of minor league wannabees, and some people think that's a good thing. A look at the declining W-L record shows it isn't. It's also important that the Wilpons and their stooge, SA, lie. We were promised a team that would be ready to start to compete in 2013. Now, even the Koolaiders say that 2013 is a throwaway year, but we'll be good in 2015. Well, in 2015 it will be 2018. That' what the fans of the Pirates and Royals have been dealing with for decades. That's what you get 9 out of 10 times when you try to build with prospects. There are 20-25 teams that are trying to do it. Why? Because they are small market teams that have no choice. Occasionally, one has some sucess, and everone says..."see, that's how you do it!" Well, that sucess generally comes after years and years of stinking last place teams, and nothing is said about the other 24 teams trying the same strategy, getting the stinking sub .500 teams, and having no sucess. Meanwhile, the Yankees go to the playoffs every freaking year, and think a 95 win season is a bad year if they get knocked out early in the playoffs. That is not a coincidence. We deserve better than being the KC Mets. With the Wilpons as owners, maybe we have to be...but it's nothing to be happy or excited about...unless you're a masochist who enjoys watching stinking 90 loss teams year after year. I don't. Now, I have said all this before, so those who say I keep saying it are correct. However, I keep saying it because it's true. When it no longer is, I won't. I can't nd won't stick my head in the sand, whistle a happy tune, and pretend everything is fine. That SA isn't here just to make the team cheap enough for the Wilpons to be able to afford to keep it, or that the team is on the right track. There are plenty of people here doing that. I don't blame most of them, the reality is very bleak, but facing reality is always a good idea. It makes it less surprising when the cement hits you in the face.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/4/13
  • metman79

you are so negative, what I am saying is this...the outlook for this team is much brighter now than last year, and much brighter now than most people thought 2 weeks ago

I understand injuries are a part of the game as are slumps, what I don't want is for Ike to be a .170 hitter for half a season or for David to miss more than 15-20 games

If the pitching is above average , we do have alternatives in the minors in case of injuries

the pen is much improved, kirk will have to adjust as will Duda, but he did hit the ball hard sometimes

Cowgill might not be as bad as you think...he hasn't knocked around, he was a promising 4th outfielder on a team that had pretty good outfielders

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/4/13
  • METMAINEAC

Spot on. All of it.

I'm tired of anually hanging my hopes on "ifs", lies, broken promises, and embarassment. I love the Mets but stopped sugarcoating everything a while ago.

Dark days.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/4/13
  • MetObserver
Good for you! I hope you enjoy crying in your beer. I don't and will be hopeful and optimistic about the team. Always looking for team members to improve. I rooted for Dickey from day one and was not disappointed in the results at all. Many just wanted to defame the owner and GM at the time of his hiring making fun of it like they were hiring a CY pitcher. Well the joke is on those negative losers because he did become one.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 2/4/13
  • metsheart
Unless & until Mets prove they're just as bad (or worse) than 2012 I'll choose to believe they have improved & will be better than last yr.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/4/13
  • METMAINEAC

No crying, but lots of beer/booze.

I towed that line for many years. I'm angling on being pleasantly surprised this year, rather than dissapointed and embarassed.

My expectations are at a 10 year low.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/4/13
  • thagreat1
Being embarrassed by having a sliver of hope for your team?
  • Reply to this Message