• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Sign Bourn!
  • To:All
  • 2/3/13
  • FromTheRedSeats
If they allow you to keep the pick, give him a 3/4 year deal. Get it done. Spring Training is a week away.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/3/13
  • abbymart
Many things I don't like about the guy, but if we don't lose the pick and can sign him 3-4 years it's worth a go. Agree. His hitting is acceptable. He gives us some speed and the big plus is his defense
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/3/13
  • bucknerismyhero
Pending the MLB ruling, I would offer 3/39 with a team option for a fourth and an opt out after year two. That seems fair for both parties.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/3/13
  • drjoe807
GIT ER DONE!!!!!!!!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/3/13
  • hammr1952
sounds about right +1.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/3/13
  • metthunder
rumor is Bourn want 5 yrs, if that's true, shorter years will mean bigger money like maybe be 3/45 at least. That seems to be how Boras does that, but may eliminate and buyout c rap.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/3/13
  • MetObserver
He reportedly wants 5/75 so 3/45 would be the same amount of money per year.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/3/13
  • GraceKelly

The only thing that could make your team better is a prayer or 900. *ding* let the ish talk begin. It's been a while ... I'm looking for the NL East to have a couple of contenders this year. Doesn't matter who-else as long as it's the Braves and a WC NL East. Then, again seasons are most fun when this division is deep. With the Nationals actually stepping up these days, let's hope we have to sit on the edge of our seats from season opener to season's end. I'm saying all this on Super Bowl Sunday, which is kind of odd. Anyway that's the end of my rambling.

EDIT: Found four grammatical errors there but I'm being lazy right not.

Edited 2/3/13   by  GraceKelly
  • Reply to this Message