• 2/3/13
  • dmanning12

did Ike even get an honorable mention?
I only caught the end of the show.

Hopefully he forces his way onto the list after this season

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/3/13
  • thagreat1
In my opinion in the national league we have a top ten 1B,2B,3B, and by then end of year catcher. Tejada is top ten defensive shortstop
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/3/13
  • METCITILES
Tejada is only going to get better. Don't forget that he was only 22 when he played his first full season.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548051.4 was deleted
  • 2/3/13
  • mysticpiazza

If you go by 2012 stats, there's no reason to believe he'd be anywhere near top 10. Other than HRs (4th) and RBIs (8th), all of his other hitting stats were sub-par comparatively to MLB's top 10 1Bs (Avg: .221/19th, OBP: .301/21st, OPS: .771/16th, SLG: .462/14th).

I believe Ike will improve this year, but until then we really don't know what kind of player he is yet.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/3/13
  • edmet
how many teams in NL, 15? you are probably right, but not that impressive and our OF is dead last.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/3/13
  • thagreat1
Ok then top ten in majors. Prove me wrong
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/3/13
  • nym698641
MLB network proved you wrong because Ike isn't in the top ten
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/3/13
  • Gepett0

and they're wrong...

ike is undoubtedly a top 10 1b b/t his defense and power...i don't really care that they didn't include him as its probably due to the 1st 2 months of last year

you figure these are the only guys who are unarguably better:

miggy, prince, pujols, votto

Agon is a toss up bc hes been losing power like crazy

other than that, there is a case to be made that ike is better than any of the remaining 1b....and mlb network can s*ck my n*ts if they want to disagree bc konerko, goldshmidt, encarnacion, laroche, freeman, etc; i wouldn't take one of those guys over ike in this coming season

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/3/13
  • nym698641
Please, he's fourth in the NL east alone. Freeman, Howard, and Larouche are better then him right now.
I forgot he is second in his own city behind Texeira

Edited 2/3/13   by  nym698641
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/3/13
  • thagreat1

" ; i wouldn't take one of those guys over ike in this coming season"

Let alone next decade

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 2/3/13
  • abbymart
Ike's defense: I believe he can be an excellent fielder. I do not think he played a great 1st base last year. Maybe his problems at the plate affected him but his defense was not as good as he's previously shown
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/3/13
  • KLake409
They did mention he had a really good 2nd half (after a terrible 1st half).
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/3/13
  • Gepett0

thats an idiotic statement

freeman has done very little to put himself over ike, has less power, and isnt as good defensively

laroche has always been talked about at ike's floor

howard's career is all but over

texeira is a shell of the player he once was

ike is likely better than every one of those players and, by the end of this season, will make your statement look utterly foolish

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/3/13
  • Gepett0

he talked about this

it was a lack of conditioning due to the VF scare and injury...his core strength wasnt there until halfway through the year and his d improved a great deal over the course of the year

i can't wait for ike to make half of this board look utterly stupid this season

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/3/13
  • nym698641
Ike Davis was lazy on defense last season. Maybe Valley Fever had something to do with that.
Ike has a lot to prove. He has to stop being a Dave Kingman type and become more of a consistent hitter and fielder. I think he can do it but the Mets themselves have questions about his work habits and attitude, so it is going to be a very important season for him.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/3/13
  • Gepett0

those were phantom issues made up by the media

every single member of the mets FO came out and said there was absolutely no truth to any of those statements

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/3/13
  • nym698641
In your eyes because you are a Mets fan. Look at the stats and look at it as a baseball fan and you will see what baseball people see.
Ike has great power, can't hit lefties, is not very coachable and has a bit of a bad attitude when it comes to working to get better. That is being said by Mets management not other teams.
He has great potential with his power but he will never be as good a fielder as Teixeira and I need to see him hit as consistantly as Teixeira for a long time before I even put him at that level.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/3/13
  • nym698641
Everyone? Ask Howard Johnson.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/3/13
  • KLake409
Ike really needs to hit LH pitching a lot better
even Duda who's also LH batted about 60 points higher against LH pitchers last season.
  • Reply to this Message