• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• To:All
  • 1/30/13
  • NickEvansHat
Can someone explain to me why background checks for gun sales is a bad thing? Or, would the world be safer if more terrorists, criminals, nutcases, etc had guns?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/30/13
  • hammr1952
not a bad thing at all.... it should be standard operation procedure.
my personal experience took about 20 minutes.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/30/13
  • Haldane
Man, it just p*$$es you off! I had to wait a whole 15 minutes before I could buy a Cheytac M200 sniper rifle at a gun show recently! Christ! What's next? Mental competency exams???
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/30/13
  • Mort2112
They are not a bad thing.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/30/13
  • Mort2112
I would be in favor of any gun laws that prevent you from owning a gun.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 1/30/13
  • Haldane
BAM! Wouldn't even know what hit ya!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/30/13
  • NickEvansHat
I assume most gun owners would agree with you. I just dont understand why the NRA is against them.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/30/13
  • FridaGates

wayne lapierre explained today that since background checks won't keep guns out of the hands of ALL criminals they're essentially useless. makes sense, right- since laws don't stop all crime there's no need for them.

basically the NRA is against ANY new gun-control laws, regardless of how much support they might have with the country as a whole.

• Reply to this Message
Messages 547974.9 through 547974.10 were deleted
  • 1/30/13
  • NickEvansHat
No offense, but you sound like a borderline paranoid schizophrenic who probably smokes too much pot.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/31/13
  • 69forever

***Why are there four threads here about guns? ***

Why have you commented on every one of them? You're complaining about the overlords distracting us with message board threads, and you've contributed to them ad nauseam.

***what is supposed to be a God given right to defend oneself and family.***

I'm sorry, where in the Bible does it guarantee the right to own firearms? Could you point out the chapter and verse? Or is God speaking to you again through the conductors on your anti-Luciferian gamma ray deflector helmet?

***as they determine the appropriate background and mental health of gun applicants.***

If only there were a mental health requirement for this message board.

Edited 1/31/13   by  69forever
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/31/13
  • Mort2112
Too much pot? Blasphemy!
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547974.14 was deleted
  • 1/31/13
  • marvelousmarvin
I propose a background check before anyone can post on the Mets message board.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547974.16 was deleted
  • 1/31/13
  • 69forever

***I comment because I am.***

Because I am... what? Paranoid? Delusional? Symptomatic of the very problem you're complaining about?

***There's no way we're gonna resurrect the natural or God given rights implied by the Constitutiuon argument again.***

Particularly since the fact that gods don't exist pretty much eviscerates the argument. But you resurrected it, not me.

***It's the view of many that the state can not infringe on those rights.***

It's also the view of many that the bodies of first-graders shouldn't be ripped to shreds by high-caliber, military-grade ammunition. Many also believe that even liberty has to have limits; as the old saying goes, "The right to swing your fist ends where the other man's nose begins."

***Our government already denies many vets with PTSD from owning guns and also non violent felons.***

TYRANTS! Denying the God-given right of the mentally unstable and recidivist criminals to brandish lethal weapons! Next they'll be telling us we can't stockpile plutonium in our basement crawlspaces! To arms! To arms! SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS!

• Reply to this Message
Message 547974.18 was deleted
  • 2/1/13
  • marvelousmarvin
A plutonium gun is a considered an arm, isn't it?
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547974.20 was deleted