• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• How do fans get...
  • To:All
  • 1/30/13
  • fabfour64
in to this message board as there is no link under fans. Other teams have it and that is how I get in- did mgmt take it away for awhile?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/30/13
  • metsheart
I have it on a link in my "Favorites."

But you can get in another way. Go to mets.com. Click on "FANS." Look at bottom RH corner of page where it says "Related Links." You'll see "Mets Message Board." Click on that.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/30/13
  • fabfour64
Thx that worked. Who do you think they'll get to sing the Natl anthem at the ASG- probably will be a local star like Billy Joel, as presume they'll have Bon Jovi for the Super Bowl next yr. This will be the Wilpons swan song as far as media attn goes-once the ASG is over. Did anyone purchase the 3 event ticket strip for the ASG- price I was quoted 703- too steep for only 2 events I'd want.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/30/13
  • metsheart
ASG Nat'l Anthem? Billy Joel's a possible of couse. Queens native Cyndi Lauper. Long Island native Brian Setzer (Stray Cats). Marc Anthony (wouldn't be my choice). Broadway musical star Matthew Broderick. Probably a few others are possible too. Like mega-Met fan Itzak Pearlman (classical violinist).

Don't have tix for ASG. Friend of mine w/ Mets 6 pack plan got offered "strip" for all 3 events in nose bleed territory for $450. He & I said NO. We both want to go to JUST the actual All Star GAME. But not for more than his 6 pack plan cost!! May try for tix on StubHub as date gets close.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/30/13
  • MetObserver
The game is always a sell out so tickets on Stub hub will be at a premium not reduced in price.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/30/13
  • metsheart
Yeah I get that ASG is like playoffs in terms of ticket demand. But day before or day of may still have people holding tix people didn't buy for so much $$$. May just want to get rid of them. Have seen it happen for Met-Yankee gms. But if no reasonable tix I'll watch at home. Or not watch if I get a better offer!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/31/13
  • fabfour64
Your seat location is determined on how quickly you place your order as a plan holder. That seems like a bargain 450 for all 3 events -considering they're asking 703 fr the 15game plan holders and online some sites offer tix over 600 just for the game. Take into account that with fans from Pa,Balti/Wash,Boston area will push demand and prices up. I have a great seat in Caesar level for the only other event would want to attend- Futures game on Sunday at reasonable price.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/31/13
  • lizzz
Itzak Perlman is a mega Met fan? wow
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/31/13
  • frkaz911
I have it under my favorites also, since it's a chore to find otherwise. I'm convinced they do that on purpose.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/31/13
  • metsheart
"Your seat location is determined on how quickly you place your order as a plan holder. That seems like a bargain 450 for all 3 events -considering they're asking 703 fr the 15game plan holders"

I called Mets ticket office & found out price for ASG strip had do w/ where there were available seats at the time you ordered ASG strip. If Promenade Infield was available it was $703. If Promenade OF was available it was $453.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/31/13
  • metsheart
Yup. Itzhak Pearlman loves the Mets. I was at a game few yrs back where he came out & played the anthem on violin while wearing a vintage Mets jacket. Definitely unique rendition. He must've been tickeld to be able to say he played on the field at Shea in front of a packed house & was cheered!

http://www.nytimes.com/learning/teachers/featured_articles/20020809friday.html

"What Itzhak Perlman Learned at Camp"

"He was reminded that a sportswriter in St. Louis, commenting on the baseball team there, said the Cardinals could use a "No. 1 starter" like Itzhak. A passionate Mets fan, Mr. Perlman liked the comparison to a top pitcher but was too cool to be drawn into speculation about his big-league plans."
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/31/13
  • lizzz
Thank you for that :)
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/31/13
  • lizzz
Oh Heart, did you know that Ray Charles also played the anthem on his piano at Shea? (I'm sure you did). I can't find that anywhere. It was so awesome...maybe you can find it?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/31/13
  • metsheart
You're very welcome.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/31/13
  • metsheart
Never heard Ray Charles did the anthem at Shea. Looked around on the web & found nothing about it. Would love to see/ hear that if you ever find anything on it.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/31/13
  • thagreat1

The reason it's so difficult to get into the boards it's because they only want an Ellie few to access it. We are the privileged minority.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • stem50

The Met Organization is Deliberately Alienating its Fan Base by Hiding the Mets MLB Message Board Link ........FU Fred !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When Will this Site Return the Mets Message Board Link to a Prominate Place on its Home Page ? .........Ah , MAYBE when this Happens..........

..http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm228/stem50/FlyingPigs.jpg

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • brinked
everytime to get here I just search for "mets message board" . Works for all teams too such as "team message board"
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
fernando rodney
Latest by metsheart - 3:28 PM
Music Thread II
Latest by vbch - 3:28 PM
Tonight's Lineup
Latest by GoMets6986 - 3:26 PM
Cubs
Latest by metsheart - 3:22 PM
Musician Name Game
Latest by vbch - 3:21 PM