• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• At least now we're rebuilding. (sort of)
Message 547964.1 was deleted
  • 1/30/13
  • fargol

"Are we in for one more year of that?"

For 2013? Maybe. For the first time in 4 or so years, I do see a light at the end of the tunnel. It might be faint, and it might burn out, but it's there, mostly fueled by the kids I can't wait to see (Wheeler, Harvey again, etc).

Once we know what we have, they will (hopefully) spend enough to fill in the remaining holes.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/30/13
  • forceout6
Agree 100%, its funny how hope changes the complexion of everything.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/30/13
  • fargol

"Agree 100%, its funny how hope changes the complexion of everything."

Yup. I try and generate (false?) hope each year, but no need for 2013. Can't wait for the kids!

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/30/13
  • johnyringo

There is nothing wrong with a quick fix...

....quick is the very best way to get fixed

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/30/13
  • johnyringo

---"Once we know what we have, they will (hopefully) spend enough to fill in the remaining holes."---

there are lots of holes to fill...you cant fill them all at one time, they need to start now

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/30/13
  • metrebel

>> There is nothing wrong with a quick fix...

The Mets have tried the quick fix year after year, and although they got close i't hasn't worked. There's only two ways you can build a team, and it if pne hasn't worked for you for years, it's time to give the other one a try.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/30/13
  • johnyringo

Totally disagree....thats a defeatist attitude..

FA’s are a weapon that can be extremely useful…

but we don’t use this weapon anymore because we are afraid to learn how to use it properly

Sad. Defeatist attitude

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/30/13
  • fargol

"but we don’t use this weapon anymore because we are afraid to learn how to use it properly"

Well, there's no money to speak of, so basically the only guys you'll get on the cheap are the ones this forum most likely be bashing after the first month or two of the season.

Now the "afraid" part may have some validity (I assume by "we" you mean the owners).

After a few big and bad contracts, they may have become a bit gun-shy.

• Reply to this Message
Message 547964.10 was deleted
  • 1/30/13
  • johnyringo

never hide or run from your mistakes...learn from them and use the knowledge to do better next time.

Its how winning is done

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/30/13
  • johnyringo
How do you know their is no money?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/30/13
  • MetObserver
Easy for you to say since it isn't going to cost you millions.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/30/13
  • johnyringo

But what about the addittional revenue that a winning team would bring...Who gets to keep that?

its called and invetment...you put money up today to improve your buisness and gain profits later....this is the way of the world

In sport you should either play to win or get out

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/30/13
  • fargol

"If you blew your foot off with a shotgun wouldn't you be gunshy? "

Totally.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/30/13
  • johnyringo
if you were in a war and blew you foot off with a shotgun whould you stop firing your shotgun forever?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/30/13
  • fargol

"never hide or run from your mistakes...learn from them and use the knowledge to do better next time."

If you're referring to the owners specifically, do you think that's possible with then?

Or maybe they're just a little gun shy and want to take a crack at developing the farm before throwing money around.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/30/13
  • fargol

"How do you know their is no money? "

? If you think there is, and they're not spending it, then we're doomed.

All indications are that the team lost money a few years in a row. Perhaps they're taking a
different course now.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/30/13
  • fargol

"its called and invetment...you put money up today to improve your buisness and gain profits later....this is the way of the world"

Yes, and many companies try and do exactly that, and go belly-up through bad spending.

Kind of like the Mets (the bad spending part. We're not belly-up yet).

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/30/13
  • fargol

"if you were in a war and blew you foot off with a shotgun whould you stop firing your shotgun forever? "

Never said forever. But yes, I'd be gun shy for a while. Extreme pain and losing part of a limb will do that to you.

• Reply to this Message