• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• New Rule
  • To:All
  • 1/27/13
  • Gepett0

When a guy finishes tied for 71st in baseball in K's, you don't get to call him whiffboy

list of players that every poster on the board (or at least most) would be happy to have that finished above wright in k's

Carlos Gonzalez, Ryan Zimmerman, Bryce Harper, Justin Upton, David Freese, Andre Ethier, Carlos Beltran, Mike Napoli, Adam Jones, Dexter Fowler, Ryan Braun, Freddie Freeman, Miguel Montero, Andrew McCutchen, Matt Holliday, Mike Trout, Austin Jackson, Alex Gordon, Giancarlo Stanton, ShinSoo Choo, Josh Reddick, Jason Heyward, Mark Trumbo, Jay Bruce, Michael Bourn, Chase Headley, Josh Hamilton, and, apparently since this board is so afraid of the braves, bj upton, just to name a few....there are plenty of other guys most would have liked to have on this team that i didnt even bother listing

i know, i know "realists"...this was a down year for wrights k's....well hamilton struck out more this season than wright ever has in a season in his entire career....but lets go to that one and look where it falls all time....2010...the year he recorded 21 more k's than he has in any other season....

still ranks below some of the following that I know people on here have said we should bring in :

Ryan Howard, matt kemp, austin jackson, curtis granderson, Dan Uggla, BJ upton, Josh hamilton, Giancarlo Stanton just to name a few...it doesnt even fall in the top 100

but yeah, keep calling him whiffboy and talking about how he strikes out SOOOOOO much...bc there is just so much to back that up that you don't end up looking stupid

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/27/13
  • thagreat1
Preach
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547897.3 was deleted
  • 1/27/13
  • Gepett0
its just ridiculous....judging by this board you'd think wright struck out nearly 200 times a season....then they turn around and bash sandy for not getting these guys that strike out more often w/o as much positive contribution either
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547897.5 was deleted
  • 1/27/13
  • DFAB
I think it's funny that some here think it is SANDY who is doing a bad job lol. Given what he has to work with, he really couldn't have done much better than he has. It doesn't matter if you have a magician GM...if they don't get any funding to work with, they really can't do anything at all.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547897.7 was deleted
  • 1/27/13
  • DFAB
lol you're right about that
  • Reply to this Message