• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Should have kept Jason Bay
  • To:All
  • 1/26/13
  • jsmet
If they want. Give Bourn all those millions because he is not much better.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/26/13
  • marvelousmarvin
I think Bay will have a decent season. There is evidence with other players that IF they recover, it usually takes 2 seasons for them to return to normal.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/26/13
  • govmule72

"If they want. Give Bourn all those millions because he is not much better."

Anyone is better.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/26/13
  • jsmet

I think Bay will have a decent season. There is evidence with other players that IF they recover, it usually takes 2 seasons for them to return to normal.<

There is also evidence that when players leave the Mets they do better. Example Melvin Mora.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/26/13
  • Deadtrek
Bay was let go because it saved them money this year. They can worry about deferred money next year. This is the Mets operating plan. plain and simple.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547863.6 was deleted
  • 1/26/13
  • MetsMan

>>>>>>Think Bay will have a decent season. There is evidence with other players that IF they recover, it usually takes 2 seasons for them to return to normal.<<<<<<

Really you been saying this dumb ship ever since he came on the club.. Bay is done, just get over it... Do yourself a favor stop rooting for losers!

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/26/13
  • 86kid

It is not way of being able to understand how and why Bay failed so badly here. The guy have as good and as consistant a resume of All-Star caliber performance as you could get. He even thrived in an intense baseball city like Boston and in the intense Yank-Sox war. It still amazes me how he just dropped off the table. But it does happen from time to time in this game.

I wish him no ill will though. He was a class act, who carried himself with class in though he was going through h*ll here for three years. Nobody was more down on his performance than himself, and to his credit he still busted his butt running on every play in spite of it all.

Will he bounce back out there ? Who knows. I certainly wouldn't rule it out. I still think he has a lot of baseball in his tank, whether he can get it to come out now is anyone's guess.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/26/13
  • danthemetfan
HA it didnt matter what you say in your post, your title said it all.... not a chance. Bay was this team's kryptonite. When he played they lost.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/27/13
  • marvelousmarvin
Wow, so insightful!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/27/13
  • marvelousmarvin
I think, coming from a hitters Fenway Park, he was intimidated by Citifield's dimensions. Then he suffered those concussions. One cannot underestimate the severity of a concussion and its effect on vision and coordination. Only a slight impairment can result in a dramatic drop off. Nor can one ignore the ordeal and toll he went through on his psyche. He may be done due to physical impairment. Perhaps he will recover, which takes an incredibly long time.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/27/13
  • MetsMan
Great theory, now explain why he also suxx on the road.......
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/27/13
  • marvelousmarvin
His enduring issues, as I pointed out, were due to multiple concussions. In addition, if the home field barrier let's doubt get in your head or you tweak your swing to compensate, you can carry that on the road.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547863.14 was deleted
  • 1/27/13
  • marvelousmarvin
What did Yogi Berra once say, 90% of the game is half mental? You start off bad and psyche yourself out, then smash your brain a few times. Not pretty. The argument has plenty of credibility and reason. Is it THE reason, I have no idea.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/27/13
  • miketodd9
They learn from the Madoffs
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547863.17 was deleted
  • 1/27/13
  • marvelousmarvin
Sometimes the big contract puts pressure on a guy. I read he never wanted to play for the Mets anyway. He took the cash. Chemistry student....anything is possible but that wouldn't effect hand eye coordination, nor would I bring it up in fairness as there is no proof. Longer term, one cannot under-estimate the effects of the concussions.
  • Reply to this Message