• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Bourne and Ethier
  • To:All
  • 1/25/13
  • 2kingman6
Last week I read Sandy would be interested in Bourne if he could get another outfielder to play right. I think that player is Ethier. Dodgers may be shopping him. I think Flores and Murphy for Ethier as dodgers need 3b now and future. If we pulled off this trade we would go from worst of in baseball to one of the best. We would contend now and in the future with this lineup. I do think Ethier's contract is way to much (5/85) so dodgers would have to pay a good portion.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • bucknerismyhero
The Mets aren't going to get either, but this is the right line of thinking. Signing Bourn in a vacuum does not help us enough to risk losing our 1st round draft pick, however if you paired that signing with a trade for another top OF our chances of competing relatively soon go way up. With that said, I do not like the idea of spending the limited financial flexibility that we will have in the future on these two, left handed hitting OFs. If we signed Bourn, I would look to target a power hitting right handed hitter.

Edited 1/25/13   by  bucknerismyhero
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • metsheart
Would not do Flores AND Murphy for Ethier. Ethier will be 31 in April. Murphy turns 28 on April Fools Day.

Would do Flores & maybe either Mejia or Familia for Ethier. Keep proven 28 yr old w/ 40 doubles last yr & .292 career BA.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • edmet
they are both lefties. we are already lefty heavy. we need bourn and a power rh bat. sign bourn: bourn l, tejada r, murph l, wright r, ike l, darnaud s ( buck r) , duda l, cowgill/brown r. see if we can trade for a good rh rf with pop in season or next off season.
  • Reply to this Message