• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• To:All
  • 1/25/13
  • TheGMan47
What do we do with Flores if he has another good season in 2013? Since he is blocked at third by Wright do we trade him or move him to another position?
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547850.2 was deleted
  • 1/25/13
  • alex8686
I think they should move him to LF right now. That would give them another outfield option.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • gomets66
mets already said flores will play 3B and 2B this season in the minors. dont see him as an OF option.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547850.5 was deleted
  • 1/25/13
  • Kranesback
Let's see what whiff boy does with his stupid, fat contract.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/26/13
  • Gepett0

i dont see how thats possible

either way, i think he will be our 2nd baseman by august

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/26/13
  • jsmet

Let's see what whiff boy does with his stupid, fat contract<

Bingo.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/26/13
  • jsmet
I think it would be wise to keep Flores as back up in case Whiffboy gets injured.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/26/13
  • TheGMan47
So we either replace Murphy with Flores and trade Murphy for an OF or trade Flores for an OF.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547850.11 was deleted
  • 1/26/13
  • Kranesback
Jason Wright?...Alex Wright?....and I think he has a full no trade, so we'll get nothing for him when it's time to dump him unless we eat half or more of that contract.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/26/13
  • jsmet

Only a matter of time when we will be cursed by that contract.<

Yup.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/26/13
  • jsmet

Jason Wright?...Alex Wright?....and I think he has a full no trade, so we'll get nothing for him when it's time to dump him unless we eat half or more of that contract<

This is exactly what I am thinking. He could be another Jason in the making. Signs of that the last few years after he got hit on the head.I hope I am wrong.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/26/13
  • brianinwi

Holy c*rap. The last thing the Mets need is yet another player playing out of position. Just trade Flores to a team looking for corner infielder in exchange for a AA/AAA prospect with similar skills/numbers who happens to play the outfield.

It ain't rocket science.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/26/13
  • Kranesback
Flores needs another full season in the minors, so just leave him there. I'm more concerned about Whiffboy being a total flop than Flores, and we may very well need a third baseman next year
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547850.17 was deleted
  • 1/26/13
  • Kranesback
I expect 20/70/.270 which will be a major disappointment to most people here. He's coming off an abysmal second half (when Ike started to produce and provide protection), he's fat and happy with the new contract, and at least once a game he can be struck out on a pitch out of the strike zone. About the only positive is he seems to produce best when nothing is on the line, and the Mets will have nothing on the line in 2012...and if Flores puts up good AAA numbers and starts breathing down his neck, Whiffboy will fold like a cheap suitcase. I expect him to be moved around the batting order, maybe even tried at a different position, and eventually dumped for next to nothing.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/26/13
  • MetObserver

How do you come up with such foolishness day after day?

Don't you get tired of being such a fool?

Do you think stupidity is a virtue to strive for?

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/26/13
  • Kranesback
Last year The Great Wright Nope hit .258 in the second half. It has been statistically documented that he swings at 25% of pitches out of the strike zone. He's been labled the face of a currently disastrous franchise. What's to "come up with"? These are facts.
  • Reply to this Message