• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• no deal for Murph?
  • To:All
  • 1/25/13
  • njmets80
guess Sandy can only do 1 thing at a time, either that or they're trying to trade him for an OFer.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547848.2 was deleted
  • 1/25/13
  • njmets80
just thought it was funny since we signed Ike so fast & haven't heard a peep about Murph.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • jsmet
Mets need hitting they cant afford to trade Murph who hits and hardly strikes out.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547848.5 was deleted
  • 1/25/13
  • gomets66
maybe murph doesnt want to settle for mets offer.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • edmet
we should sign bourn and bat murph 3rd. he can hit .320 with wright and ike behind him. doubles power, with bourn and tejada in front of him he can drive in 85 to 90 if he stays healthy. with that top 3,wright and ike can each drive in 100.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • thegooch42
Did you just call Daniel Murphy a number 3 hitter? He had a .735ops and you put him 3rd. Why because he hits an empty .300? Hes also terrible on the road. Daniel Murphy is a number 2 hitter on this team and a 6-7th hitter on many other teams.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • thagreat1
what does empty .300 hitter mean? He hits forty doubles
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • thebobymon

>>guess Sandy can only do 1 thing at a time, either that or they're trying to trade him for an OFer. <<

guess Sandy can only do 1 thing at a time, either that or they're trying to "convert" him to an OFer.

Fixed it for ya.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • thegooch42

he hit 40 doubles and still had an .ops of .735

He scored just 62 runs. He hit just 6 hr's, is ranked the 17th best 2nd basemen in the league, he wasnt even top 5 in extra base hits at his position. LOL at putting him in the 3 spot.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • ewok54
Some good points there. Alot of talk about Murphy. Guy spent half the season to learn second base. They say stress on defense affects offense. Murph, like Wright, is a pure hitter. May be more clutch than most on the team. Like him in front of Wright and Davis but not sure he is a three hitter. As a two, he is very dangerous. Have a big hole if they hold the runner. Very good hit and run type.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • thagreat1
62 runs who exactly was supposed to drive him home. 6 home runs would have been 15 in any other non Canyon sized home ballpark
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • JERRY
I think Murphy's Agent wants to go to arbitration. Mets offer was below what MLB said 3M. Murphy wants 3.4M. With Murphy getting listed by MLB as amoung the top 10 2nd baseman & his Offensive record he will get 3.4 from arbitrator.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • captainmet
I like Bourne, Tejada, Murphy, Wright, Davis, D'arnou, Duda,Kirk/Cowgill
Bourne would deepen our lineup make it alternating left and right and sure Murph might be a better fir if he could hit 13 hrs but 6 homers less wouldn't make it any less interesting of a lineup.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/26/13
  • MetsMan
We have a team of emplty hitters.... I pointed this out around this time last year and most paid me any mind... But I will say this again... We are way too stationary and its bad to be this way and not have any power...
Our players may put up decant numbers but due to oukr lack of speed and power we often have to string together 3 hits in a inning just to get one run, while the opposition can do the same with one or two hits...
But some of you guys will never get it, yall just watch stats and get stoked that your favorite player has decant nubers even though the team is 20 games out of first..
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547848.17 was deleted