• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• There isn't a person on this board
  • To:All
  • 1/25/13
  • thebobymon

That wouldn't be doing a jig if we had what the Braves have right now.

But the games still have to be played, things like this have a tendency to backfire. The Marlins of last year come to mind, how many rings have the Phillies won since they put together the dream rotation?

Should be a fun season, especially if they fall on their faces.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • alex8686
The Braves rotation is suspect to me. Not only is it weaker but also its depth is a major question mark.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547847.3 was deleted
  • 1/25/13
  • nym698641
Yeah but their bullpen is lights out and they have improved their offense. What have the Mets improved?
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547847.5 was deleted
  • 1/25/13
  • gomets66

The Braves rotation is suspect to me. Not only is it weaker but also its depth is a major question mark. >>>>

mets rotation is also suspect and depth isnt that good either.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • bucknerismyhero
There is always a chance that the Braves do not play to there potential, and there are still flaws there; most of there lineup is comprised of 100+ strikeout guys, the pitching staff may not be as good as they think. However, we cannot compare this Braves team to the Marlins disaster last year. For one, the Braves did not bring in a bunch of questionable character guys and ask a known lunatic to manage them. For another, the Braves have built a young, talented roster, filled with guys who they control long term; they have outs if it doesn't work out, unlike what you saw what lengths the Marlins go through to repair themselves.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • gomets66

Yeah but their bullpen WAS lights out!>>>

braves have had a top 3 bullpen 3 years in a row. maybe this will be the year they fall down a couple spots. maybe not.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • nym698641
Yeah because Kimbrel and O'Flaherity and Vinters are just as big a question marks as Francisco, Parnell and ?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • nvmets10
He didn't say that. Of course theirs has a FAR FAR better chance of being good than ours. BUT it's absolutely the case that bullpens are the most unpredictable part of a team on a season to season basis. So it's definitely not out of the realm of possibility that the Braves struggle in relief.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547847.11 was deleted
  • 1/25/13
  • thebobymon

>>mets rotation is also suspect and depth isnt that good either.<<

I think we have better depth for the short term.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • thebobymon
Exactly, who knows if the Upton's play well together. I brought up the Kinks and Oasis as a joke in another thread, but while these groups were successful, it was tumultuos ride...4 band members, not 25.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • thebobymon
And the way the burned them out a few years ago who is to say they don't have a Feliciano among their key guys?
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 1/25/13
  • JoseJose

"Hey, you never know..."

So let's excuse the FO from not fielding a major league team and having a AAA outfield while raising ticket prices and decimating the talent level of the team.

You guys crack me up. It's like saying, well there are many houses with fire hazards that don't catch on fire, so why should I rid my house of fire hazards. Or "I may hit the lottery, so why bother trying to get a job?". OF COURSE there is a chance that with a terrible roster on paper, a team could overachieve, or with a great roster on paper, a team could flop. OF COURSE those things have happened at times, and anyone could list examples. That does not in any way mean a FO has an excuse for not putting the best team possible on the field. A better roster increases the PROBABILITY of the team's success. That is the job of the FO. You can ALWAYS say, about ANY endeavor, well things might not break my way even if I try hard, so I am not going to try. That is called copping out. Kind of what the Mets did on this season.

• Reply to this Message
Message 547847.16 was deleted