• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• For Met Fans With Twitter Accounts
  • To:All
  • 1/25/13
  • nym698641
Jay Horwitz today signed up to twitter. @Jay_HorwitzPR is his account. Jeff Wilpon said that if Jay reaches 10,000 followers by midnight tonight he will donate money to the Charity of Jay's choosing. Follow him so Jeff can spend some of the money he is not spending on the roster for something worthwhile.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547846.2 was deleted
  • 1/25/13
  • nym698641
2500 to go.
Getting there.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • bucknerismyhero
I started following him earlier today. There is literally no reason for any Mets fan who has a twitter account to not follow this guy. You can unfollow him at any time after midnight if you wish, and most importantly this is for CHARITY folks. You know, stuff more important than baseball in many cases.
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 547846.5 through 547846.6 were deleted
  • 1/25/13
  • nym698641
Twitter comes in handy during the winter meetings and on July 31st the trading deadline as well as other sports important dates like those.
I follow the beat writers for all my teams as well as Heyman and other national guys. I don't follow movie stars or people like that.
You do get info fast, but it does become redundant after a while. The good guys like Heyman do give credit to others that break stories. It can be very informative.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • nym698641
Jay Horwitz is my favorite Met front office guy.
I went to a Met season ticket holder function two years ago and they had players and management there answering questions. After the event I had my picture taken with two people. Mr Met and Jay. Nothing says Mets like Mr. Met and Jay Horwitz.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • 4545_ajd

"I think twitter is stupid personally. I don't need to know celebrities every move. There are plenty of outlets to find news up to the minute. But I hope he makes it."

I only use it for Mets/Giants news, the biggest "celebrity" I follow is probably Sandy Alderson.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • nym698641
He's the best
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547846.12 was deleted
  • 1/25/13
  • nym698641
You can't be much older then me.
Who were your grandparents the Kramdens?
Those are the last people in America that had an Icebox. LOL
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547846.14 was deleted
  • 1/25/13
  • nym698641
I'll be 50 on opening day. I always remember my family having a fridge.
Well we made it this far rooting for this team. I guess it's true what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547846.16 was deleted
  • 1/25/13
  • 4545_ajd
He just got 10k with less than an hour left
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • nym698641
I saw that. Good news for some charity.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • Moses0507
I would love it if Jay selected the Mets OF as the charity
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • TheChosen1
There are enough Mets PR guys on this board. No need to follow Horwitz.
  • Reply to this Message