• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• The New CBA
  • To:All
  • 1/25/13
  • Gepett0

seriously, is there ANYTHING the new CBA got right? everything about it is terrible. I have yet to see one way that things have been improved by the new CBA....everything about it has just been a complete and utter disaster. The ONLY positive imo is the new restrictions on luxury tax....other than that, total swing and miss

i hope there is an offseason lock out next year that allows them to just tear up the new cba and start over....can anybody on here name one redeeming aspect of the new cba outside of the lluxury tax thing?

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • RobfromLI
What are the things you hate so much?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • murphstates
It's awful. For an agreement that was supposedly designed to help competitive balance they made it infinitely harder to rebuild and managed to hurt amateur players at the same time.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • Gepett0

the new draft system, eliminating picking over slot, and the loss of draft pool along w/ pick for compensation

the elimination of acquiring 1st round picks for losing talent

eliminating the language in the cba that protects picks based on the worst team records instead of just the top picks...under the old cba, even if it had been reduced from 15 to 10, the mets pick would have still been protected

the IFA bonus restrictions

the increase of super two players

those are just a few off the top of my head

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • edmet
bud put one over on the union. from his POV it is great. mets will lose the draft pick argument (tho it has merit) but we should sign bourn anyway if the price is right. people forget that prospects are suspects.
  • Reply to this Message