• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• OT: Women want to serve in combat rolls, so ...
  • To:All
  • 1/25/13
  • codeminion
Should they have to sign up with selective service like men have to at the age of 18? I believe so. Women want equal rights to men, so then they should be called upon like men if a draft should occur.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • thebobymon
Poppy seed?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • metrebel

>> Should they have to sign up with selective service like men have to at the age of 18? I believe so. Women want equal rights to men, so then they should be called upon like men if a draft should occur.

No doubt they should sign up for the draft is one should come about. They want to be equal so let them.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • DFAB
I am a full supporter of equal rights of men and women. However, it should be done across the board and only in areas that benefit them.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • RobfromLI

"I am a full supporter of equal rights of men and women. However, it should be done across the board and only in areas that benefit them. "

I am a full blown feminist in this manner. There's no reason to put women ahead of men in anything, they're our equals in the good and the bad.

As I always say when women complain that chivalry is dead: "Chivalry is dead because feminism killed it."

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • Mort2112
I thought the same way once. I stopped opening the door for my girl, made her take out the garbage and stopped changing the light bulbs but then I got tired of sleeping on the couch.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • RobfromLI

Ha ha ... no one said such thoughts had to be applied to a personal relationship!

Of course I open doors for everyone so that's not really male or female specific.

Where I work there are alot of "professional" women who won't so much as grumble a thanks when you hold the door open for them. They're possibly the rudist people I've ever met. Men hold doors and say thanks when doors are held for them. Women (in my experience) go out of their way not to hold doors and don't give so much as a side glance when doors are held for them.

Oh well ... can't worry about that. Still don't have an OF.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • Mort2112
I'm with you. Next time you hold the door for a woman at work say "After you Sweetie". They love that.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • RobfromLI

Slap them on the rear end too?

I can't see anything going wrong with that.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • Mort2112
Sure that might even get you a promotion.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • bbyjean616
Just a few months ago a woman I held the door open for at a mall told me she could do it herself. They wanna be equal? Then be equal. yes they should be drafted along with men
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • KLake409
I don't really care, I mean if they start drafting again most people who are drafted won't be very happy about it (men or women).
  • Reply to this Message