• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Wheeler/D'Arnaud
  • To:All
  • 1/25/13
  • Robert
need to develop in to superstars for the mets to compete. Its frightening to see what the Mets have to compete with in the Nats and Braves over the next 5 to 6 years.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • jt28da

Its frightening to see what the Mets have to compete with in the Nats and Braves over the next 5 to 6 years.

And the Phillies aren't going to stand still either. Maybe before sleaze Selig leaves office the Wilpons can schmooze him into moving them into the NL Central!!!

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • bbjmparis
The odds are better that both will flop than both become superstars. The most likely scenario is that one's slightly below average, the other slightly above. The build a shrine to prospects crowd around here doesn't want to hear it, but prospects are a dime a dozen, superstars are rare. Until Fred and Jeff blow the dust off their wallet, and start spending some money, we can't compete. We can look forward to 90 loss 4th and 5th place finishes for the next decade...or more. Very depressing, but true
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • Robert
The scary part is even with a very good Harvey, Wheeler, and D'arnaud I don't think they will be anywhere near as good as the Nats/Braves. I would argue that two of the best 5 teams in baseball are in our division for the next five years
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • MetObserver

The more you post the more sure i become that you know nothing about baseball. Look back at history and see what percentage of Top Ten prospects fair during the remainder of their careers. And I an not talking about a teams top ten but those considered top ten by all of baseball. If it comes to 90% they should all be fired and they haven't.

Almost every star in baseball today at one time was a Top Ten prospect. They are not found in cabbage patches like your mother told you.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • 4545_ajd
I don't know why everyone thinks the Braves are better than they were last year.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • Robert
yeah I can't see it either (rolls eyes) They added the Uptons, have a full year as Medlen as the starter who I will predict will be a top five starter in the NL, and have a full year of simmons at short
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547829.8 was deleted
  • 1/25/13
  • Robert
Freeman is just as good as Ike and is like their 5th best player on offense. Ike is our 2nd guy
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • 4545_ajd

"yeah I can't see it either (rolls eyes) They added the Uptons, have a full year as Medlen as the starter who I will predict will be a top five starter in the NL, and have a full year of simmons at short"

And they lost Chipper, Bourn, Prado and Tommy Hanson.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • MetObserver

5th best? Are you counting the Upton's before Freeman? I don't think they will be anything more then average outfielders in the National league east. And the braves lost their leader in Chipper. Hard to replace with a bunch of kids that are more individualistic than team oriented players.

McCann is the closest they now have to a leader and they believe that he will be gone after this year.

• Reply to this Message
Message 547829.12 was deleted
  • 1/25/13
  • thebobymon

>>We can look forward to 90 loss 4th and 5th place finishes for the next decade...or more<<

We went from 100 loss team to a 95 loss team and now a 90 loss team, things are looking up I tell ya.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • edmet
harvey also.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • MetObserver
Is he being converted? Do you think he is starting to believe? Let's Go Mets!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • edmet
and dont look now but the marlins loaded up with prospects. if they make the right stanton deal, they will be a force in 2 to 3 yrs.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • thebobymon
;-P
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • sheadro
Wheeler more so than D'Arnaud. If TDA is just an average or slightly above average catcher the Mets will go on, but they planned the team around the assumption or belief that Wheeler will be a front end starter giving us the ability to build around a young, solid rotation. If that plan fails we are in trouble

Edited 1/25/13   by  sheadro
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • edmet
wheeler is a big piece but we have a lot of good young arms.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • MetObserver
If that turns out to be TDA's ceiling it would still be better than any catcher we have had since Piazza. And a big increase over last years crop.
  • Reply to this Message