• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Rangers still can't score
  • To:All
  • 1/24/13
  • jsmet

Have trouble scoring more then one goal per game.

Cant even score in the power play with five on three man
Advantage.

Hopefully this pattern will change soon.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • DFAB
their play is DISGUSTING right now...I'm completely disgusted with this team. I thought the Rangers were about to break out after watching the 1st period last night...then they went back to the mediocre garbage they are playing like. They better wake up SOON or they will miss the playoffs all together...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • jsmet
Even the Islanders are playing better then them.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • DFAB
They need a nice 6 game winning streak to put this horrible start behind them
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547819.5 was deleted
  • 1/24/13
  • jsmet

plus the flyers were missing key players and their goalie is horrible<

You are right. Hopefully its just early rust and they break out of it and its not signs of things to come.

• Reply to this Message
Message 547819.7 was deleted
  • 1/24/13
  • jsmet
They also started out slow last year like 2-4 or something like that. And they finished
Strong thanks to their defense and Lunquist.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • jsmet
Yeah I am glad to seePyatt doing well and he continues do so besides Gaborick and Nash.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • cholula
They've got to stop the incessant passing during power plays and shoot the puck. 5 on 3 for 2 minutes and only 1 shot on goal? Pathetic.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • jsmet

They've got to stop the incessant passing during power plays and shoot the puck. 5 on 3 for 2 minutes and only 1 shot on goal? Pathetic<

Exactly you took the words right out of my mouth. They keep passing the puck to each other. They
Should shoot the puck at the net and go after the rebound. They have a better chance in scoreing.
They only had 2 shots on goal last night with a 4 minute major and 5 on 3 man advantage. Its sad.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • DFAB
there was more time spent in the RANGERS zone on that 5-3....that team looks disgusting right now...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • METMAINEAC
I looked over from the Knicks game and thought Philly was on the PP.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • MetObserver
Maybe nobody ever gave them a pencil and taught them how to keep score. And just because they no longer have Hamilton what makes you think they won't score this year?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • nym698641
Tortorella gets them to block shots and all the hard working stuff, yet can't figure out that continuing to push the puck up along the boards in the defensive zone isn't working.
In his tenure here as coach he has had Chris Drury, Scott Gomez, Brad Richards, Ryan Callahan, Marion Gaborik, Rick Nash and countless others yet he still hasn't found a way to get them a power play goal.
Torts is losing the team, IMHO. Soon they will stop blocking shots and this team will be done.
Torts has to loosen up, if he doesn't they won't even make the playoffs.
Players are not going to continue to dive fast first in front of pucks if you don't allow them the freedom to try to score a goal.
Again this is all my own opinion from what I have been watching, but Torts needs to find ways to get this team to win without having to constantly dive fast first in front of slap shots.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • sb51
Blocking shots has it's place but they over emphasize it. Too many injuries, and most severe. If they're blocking shots they are not attacking the puck. They also lose opposition players around the net and slot too much. I also see nobody in the offensive slot when there are 2-3-4 players fighting for the puck in the corner. Even when they win the battle there's no one to pass it to.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • rangers61134465
it wont change unless they change the coach
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/31/13
  • DFAB
another disgusting game...I bet they will miss the playoffs completely this year..
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547819.19 was deleted
  • 2/1/13
  • jsmet
Same pattern like last year. They have one game which they score 4 or 5 goals then they go a stretch of games where they have
Difficulty scoring at least 1 goal per game.
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Baseball Name Game
Latest by jereviens - 11:57 PM
Favorite Easter Basket Candy
Latest by metman79 - 11:54 PM
ANYONE EXCITED FOR MLB THE SHOW ON PS4?
Latest by bonillasonlyfan - 11:54 PM
Secret Service Threatened Mr. Met's Life
Latest by bmcneely - 11:50 PM
Wilmer Flores with 7 RBI already
Latest by bucknerismyhero - 11:38 PM