• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• If Bourn, then get Viciedo
  • To:All
  • 1/24/13
  • stoobey

If we do sign Bourn, and since we signed Marcum, I see no reason not to trade for a solid right handed power bat like Dayan Viciedo and go for it this year (accept money of course - argh). White Sox would want a lot in return but could probably be sold on a package of kids (since they are so old) like Flores (as a future 3B) and Mejia or Familia (as a future starter). A team with this lineup and pitching could actually do something intesting this year:

Bourn - CF
Tejada - SS
Wright - 3B
Davis - 1B
Viciedo RF
Duda LF
d'Arnaud C
Murphy - 2B

Santana
Harvey
Neise
Marcum
Gee/Wheeler

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • SuperShredder
And give the Braves the #11 pick in the draft?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • GCMets
That's not how it works under the new system. If the Mets were to sign Bourn and were not able to protect that pick like they're asking MLB to do, their pick at 11 would "disappear", other teams would move up a spot, and the Braves would get a comp pick after the first round.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • AdrianMonk

Don't be greedy.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • edmet
i like it offensively. how is his D? his arm?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • stoobey
I've only watched Viciedo's offensive stats and watched him bat from time to time. Good question re his defense. Don't know. But at least he grew up as an outfielder through the minors. This could be a very entertaining team. He strikes me as a healthier version of Texas's Cruz.
  • Reply to this Message