• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• The Mets WILL sign Bourn
  • To:All
  • 1/24/13
  • DFAB
I just caught that vibe out of mid air just now. Somehow they will workout the the draft pick nonsense and once they do, Bourn will be signed. I am well known as a "I'll believe it when I see it" in regards to the wilpons...and it still applies....but I just have a feeling about this one. Once we get him, we can't stop there...go get us Willingham or Trumbo or Stanton!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • DFAB
72 views and I still didn't get attacked yet lol...fantastic!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • Mort2112
Koolaider!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • Gepett0

im starting to think the same

if we dont go above 4 years AND we dont lose the pick, im fine w/ that signing

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • PutItInTheBOOKS

Yea I mean I am cool with it. Especially without losing the 11th pick. Honestly I don't think we should. We had one of the top 10 worst records in the league. Only reason we were pushed to 11 b/c the Pirates never signed Mark Appel.

But one more thing. What about the power righty we were looking for? I know Bourns splits VS lefties is better than righties and I know he fills the need for speed and leadoff. But another lefty?

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • DFAB
lol THERE we go!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • DFAB
if we can sign him to a 3/45 contract with an option, that would be great
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • FromTheRedSeats
Hopefully. It's reported that Rangers dropped out. I can't believe people are actually against signing him.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • PutItInTheBOOKS
I honestly think it just comes down to money at this point. I know Bud will be cool with the 11th draft pick being selected. It's up to the MLBPA, and I don't see why they wont be cool with it. The Metsies had one of the top 10 worst finishes and b/c the Pirates didn't sign someone doesn't mean they should suffer no?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • PutItInTheBOOKS
15 a year is toooo much.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • PutItInTheBOOKS
3/40 is what the Mets will offer if not less
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • DFAB

"15 a year is toooo much."

I agree...but if we want to pay 10-12/yr, I have a feeling we would HAVE to offer 5 years...would rather pay him more per year for 2 less years

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • nvmets10
Well, hopefully we can address the power righty next offseason. But speed and defense are also pretty dire needs so this would be a huge step forward. And since Bourn will be at the top of the lineup, I feel like it's okay that he's lefty.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • metsfan541

Unless we give up Wheeler, we can't get Stanton in my opinion. I would give up Wheeler, Familia, Den Dekker and Flores in a deal for Stanton. Not sure that works but I would do it.

If we somehow pulled off a Trumbo deal (not likely unless we give up Niese) or acquired Willingham, that would significantly improve the outfield. Duda/Cowgill, Bourne and Willingham will be a productive OF.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • DFAB
NO WAY I would give up Niese for Trumbo. I was hoping the Mets could pull off a Trumbo deal by also taking on Wells' contract...wouldn't have to give up much talent that way.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • PutItInTheBOOKS
Yes I agree. I know this is just speculation but imagine they get Bourn and Alvarez. I think that would be a nice OF
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • AdrianMonk

I don't want him. The team will have more energy with MdD.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • bkvega
i say 13.5 a year for three years comes out to 41 not bad
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • jsmet
I hope you are right. But I like it even more with the Trumbo and Stanton part. :-)
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • PutItInTheBOOKS

Yes....but look what Adam Rubin just said :

Adam Rubin ?@AdamRubinESPN

MLB has zero incentive to change it. By essentially upping number of protected picks to 11 they're encouraging more bidders--driving up cost

Details

• Reply to this Message