• Sign Capps and K-Rod
  • To:All
  • 1/24/13
  • KB24NYM
THIOUGHTS?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • danthemetfan
I'd go for it... just a question, who would be the closer, and would the others be ok not being the closer? Id love to get FF out of the 9th inning, and Parnell has shown he cant do it. Either capps or Krod woud be better, but which one gets the nod?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • brianinwi
Sure. Why not?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • KB24NYM
Either way, out of Capps/KRod/FF/Parnell, you'd have to think at least two will pitch effectively next season, right? And how much can Capps or KRod really be asking for this late in the offseason?

Edited 1/24/13   by  KB24NYM
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • danthemetfan
i'm with you... no reason not to.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 1/24/13
  • KB24NYM
Assuming no Bourn, there HAS to be some free money in the budget...right?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • danthemetfan
They keep saying there is.... and the FO never lies does it?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • govmule72

"Assuming no Bourn, there HAS to be some free money in the budget...right?

My guess is they have more than $750,000.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • KB24NYM

Never.

The thing is, the Mets actually played the pitching FA market pretty nicely...Marcum on a 1yr deal was a good move, and they are in position to snag some nice BP arms if they are willing to actually spend some cash. Sad that it always comes down to that.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • MetObserver
Capps maybe but K-rod? Didn't he do the same thing that FF does. Fill the bases before getting that last out. Or blowing up completely.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • danthemetfan
You give me a closer with a high WHIP but good save% and I will take it. FF was worse than Krod because he blew the games he was bad. It was either 1-2-3 or game over the wrong way. Krod walks a few or gives up a hit or two, but almost always came through.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • metsheart

Yes on Capps.

No on K-Rod:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20121101&content_id=40144320&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

"F. Rodriguez charged with domestic abuse"

Nov 1, 2012

"Free agent reliever Francisco Rodriguez was charged with one count of domestic abuse in a suburban Milwaukee courtroom Wednesday, the result of an alleged scuffle with his fiancée in September.

Rodriguez faces up to nine months in prison and $10,000 in fines if convicted of the misdemeanor charge, according to Patch.com, which first reported the filing in Waukesha County Circuit Court.

According to that report, police say that Rodriguez struck his fiancée after she accused him of cheating on her."

Obviously this guy has SERIOUS anger managment problems. Which appear to be getting WORSE.

No thanks.

And to add insult to injury he's now represented by Boras.
(Still wouldn't want him even w/ a different agent though)

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • brianinwi
Yeah, fair enough. Is Juan Cruz still available?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • MetObserver

FF had 23 saves out of 26 chances last year. In 2011 K-rod saved 23 games in 26 chances.

Hard to compare eh! There was the difference in era FF at 5.56 and K-rod at 3.16 But that didn't translate into any more saves.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • metsheart
Cruz signed w/ Phils on Jan 15.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • danthemetfan
Well I am on board with the prevous poster who said no to Krod for off the field issues. No reason not to sign Capps. He is better than anything the Mets have now.
  • Reply to this Message