• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Arizona are jerks.
  • To:All
  • 1/24/13
  • JackNicholson

Wanted Wheeler for Upton yet go to the Braves and get overhyped Delgado, Prado and three prospects who aren't even Braves top ten.

A-holes. Could have given them Tapia plus and still outdid that with no Wheeler involvement.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • JackNicholson

*two prospects. My mistake.

"@mlbbowman
Source: Braves get Justin Upton and Chris Johnson from D-backs for Prado, Delgado, Ahmed and Spruill."

Flores, Tapia plus wouldn't have gotten this done, Arizona?

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • DFAB
I think a big key in this trade was Prado. Arizona wanted an MLB player in return for Upton. We could match the prospects that the Braves gave up but didn't have that ML piece
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • edmet
but prado is big league 3b/of who had offensive stats similar to j. upton last yr.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • 4545_ajd
Prado is a pretty good player, had a 5.4 WAR last year.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • JackNicholson

Yeah, i guess you guys are right. Just frustrated is all.

Wheeler for Upton. Huh. F*ck that.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • 86mex17
I agree, we could given them duda gee Flores familla and tapia to beat that deal.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • kinerskrnr
Upton is overrated. He's one injury away from being a completely average outfielder.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • metsreef
Every player is one injury away from being average....its one thing when you sign a sizemore who has often been injured, its completly different when a player has been healthy. Maybe he's overrated because he's a career .275 hitter who failed to hit 20+ homerun in 3 of 5 years where he was a full time major leaguer
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • 4545_ajd

"Upton is overrated. He's one injury away from being a completely average outfielder."

Career .250 average .731 OPS away from Arizona, gonna be interesting to see how he can do in Atlanta.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • viper99

I am just glad that he is finally traded so delusional fans stop writing stupid trade proposals for an over-rated outfielder. By the way, Bourn is over rated too.

Yes, he is better than what we have because what we have are #4,5 type outfielders.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • saztastic2012
That package was good, Far too many people dont seem to see know the value of other teams players.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • 86mex17
First that terrible Bauer trade now this? Wow Very him duquette like ugh
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • wrghtknght
It's called "making sure the Mets didn't get him." Happened all the time when Omar Minaya was the GM: everyone's price was high while he was around, but once he left the Meetings, the real dealing at the normal prices took place.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • thegooch42
says the guy who doesn't understand the value of his team's own players

Edited 1/24/13   by  thegooch42
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • alex8686
I know. I knew he would just end up giving Upton away for nothing.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • alex8686
The overrated player in this deal is Delgado, not Upton. If anything Upton is UNDERRATED now considering he could easily put up 1.000 OPS MVP level seasons from now on.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • saztastic2012
You had to edit that? LOL Must be had living life brain dead.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • FromTheRedSeats

A holes? What are you talking about? Delgado still has upside and was a top prospect. Prado is ACTUALLY a very versatile major leaguer and is a very good hitter. He'd actually be the second best hitter on the Mets.

Lol you actually think some prospect in low A ball matches those two? Stop comparing our garbage to a team that actually has a lot of depth to pull these types of trades off.

• Reply to this Message